GM to stop sharing data with LexisNexis and insurers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this type of data collection is currently "voluntary"
you can bet your hard earned money at some point in the future it will be mandatory.
that is how they will implement things like speed limiters, perimeter control. For Instance if there is police activity in a specific area you will not be able to enter with a vehicle.
Or if they are pursuing a suspect all vehicles in a certain area will not start, with perhaps some emergency allowances for say a verifiable medical emergency, etc.
or speed may be severely reduced.
no more high speed pursuit's they will be able to just slow you to a crawl and stop.
ya'll probably think i'm crazy..... but it's coming like it or not.
California is already trying to make it happen
GM has already openly stated we will have a future with "zero" accidents, that should tell you everything you need to know
the only way you will have 0 accidents is with COMPLETE control.
all in the name of "for your safety"

"requires collaboration by the private and public sectors, supported by comprehensive Federal policies."
see story below

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this type of data collection is currently "voluntary"
you can bet your hard earned money at some point in the future it will be mandatory.
that is how they will implement things like speed limiters, perimeter control. For Instance if there is police activity in a specific area you will not be able to enter with a vehicle.
Or if they are pursuing a suspect all vehicles in a certain area will not start, with perhaps some emergency allowances for say a verifiable medical emergency, etc.
or speed may be severely reduced.
no more high speed pursuit's they will be able to just slow you to a crawl and stop.
ya'll probably think i'm crazy..... but it's coming like it or not.
California is already trying to make it happen
GM has already openly stated we will have a future with "zero" accidents, that should tell you everything you need to know
the only way you will have 0 accidents is with COMPLETE control.
all in the name of "for your safety"

"requires collaboration by the private and public sectors, supported by comprehensive Federal policies."
see story below

police state is happy state.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How will they implement stuff like this on vehicles older than 2014?
it's already in the process, look at little things like electric steering, lane keep, forward collision, etc
they could already "do it" but for now at least there is a lot of oversight.
they have been trying to get "caltrans" to get the speed limiter thing going for years now.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m glad thecopcar has no onstar in it. thethirdtwin does, but it’s not active.
I’m sure for nefarious purposes, that won’t matter.
My Z71 HAD OnStar in '02, pretty sure that version of OnStar is obsolete ...
but ...
If I press the emergency button, what actually happens?
(Want to know BEFORE an emergency crawls up me arse.)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just read about this for the first time.

meanwhile everybody else is collecting data, lol
My Z71 HAD OnStar in '02, pretty sure that version of OnStar is obsolete ...
but ...
If I press the emergency button, what actually happens?
(Want to know BEFORE an emergency crawls up me arse.)
it "might" make a sound like it is trying to "ring" a number but then tell you it is unable to connect
all onstar 3g and previous is all shut down (sunset), only works on 4g or newer now 2015+.
it sure as heck doesn't work satellite (as many believe it to operate), although a signal "could" be sent from space, but that''s it.
recieve only.
funny gm always shows these commercials like it has satelitte communication and will work anywhere.... not so
no cell service, S.O.L.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dano1