Help!!! Broken heater hose on firewall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...For the price of the Gruven parts you can replace with OE parts a few times every couple years. Their billet "Ts" are nice, but I don't like the use of silicone hose and worm drive clamps to connect them. First off it introduces twice the amount of failure points at the 3 connections (hose with 2 clamps on each connection) then the OE quick connects. Second, in my experience, worm drive clamps tear up silicone type hoses. The softer silicone will also push out through the slots in the clamp if tightened too much. If you go this route, get some spring clamps or fuel injection style clamps.

^^^THIS^^^

@kns0517 The original one lasted 20 years and was still going until you broke it. The billet ones just aren't necessary. I'd bet that new OEM ones would outlast the vehicle at this point. Having said that, I did change mine to billet cuz it was cheap (I see their price has gone up, but still way cheaper than Grüven) and I like supporting my s10 v8 swap peeps. I had to trim the flare off the rear heater pipes, so the spring clamps were inadequate and I resorted to double worm clamps (blah!). I'll flare it one day when I'm bored and put the spring clamps back on cuz I prefer OEM design. In hindsight, I should've just went with new OEM parts.

jjohnsonlta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok after reading these posts my repair is done using the GM OEM parts. It was so simple putting it back together vs removing them. Glad it's done. The parts cost more vs Dorman, Rock auto, etc. but hopefully I made the right choice in using GM parts.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok after reading these posts my repair is done using the GM OEM parts. It was so simple putting it back together vs removing them. Glad it's done. The parts cost more vs Dorman, Rock auto, etc. but hopefully I made the right choice in using GM parts.
You should be fine. Good job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper