Help; Odd Electronic Chirp - no dashboard lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukakahn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2018 Yukon XL Denali is making an odd electronic tone (three ascending digital tones) repeated every~15seconds. It does this regardless of vehicle status; ignition on/off, parked/driven, locked/unlocked. The sound seems to be originating from the OBD port area. Can anyone help me figure this out? I have a sound recording in the form of an iphone video, but can’t find a way to upload it. Thanks - Yukakahn

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any history about the truck? How long have you had it, any aftermarket devices, etc.?

Post your video to a host site like YouTube and paste the link in here.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2018 Yukon XL Denali is making an odd electronic tone (three ascending digital tones) repeated every~15seconds. It does this regardless of vehicle status; ignition on/off, parked/driven, locked/unlocked. The sound seems to be originating from the OBD port area. Can anyone help me figure this out? I have a sound recording in the form of an iphone video, but can’t find a way to upload it. Thanks - Yukakahn
are you the original owner?
any aftermarket equipment installed? such as a 3rd party alarm system, etc?
a basic thing you can try is to just disconnect the battery, leave it disconnected for a couple minutes then hook it back up and see if the problem persist's
doing that will reset things, you may be instructed to roll the drivers window down and up holding the button and you may have to drive in a complete circle left & right to recalibrate the onboard compass.
radio time and date should self correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired_One