help with shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntrain88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 tahoe ls...there are so many options i cant find the right one i need some help please...i have the zw7 smooth ride suspension and i wanna change all the shocks and springs...its telling me that the front uses conventional shocks and the back uses a nivomat shock...can someone please help me with what to use or some part number or anything...thanks

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand what it means
it's the bodystyle or generational reference to specific years.
you may be led to believe that gmc, chevrolet, cadillac are all different.... they are but only on the outer shell
under the skin they are ALL THE SAME for the most part.
so for instance 2000-2006 are commonly referred to as "new body style" NBS for short.
the same generation is also referred to as GMT800, which is generally a 00-06 1500 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L
there is more to it based on years for instance 00-01 was a crossover year where gm made BOTH obs & nbs
then in 07 they made some pickups nbs & nnbs, the pickups silverado/sierra are the same as the suv's in a multitude of ways also.(yet, yes they are pickups)
if you stick around and read and learn you will get a better understanding of the specific differences as well as the similarities

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JVega