HID headlight turning purple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys, new to the forum. I am having problems with my hid headlights. Bought it about two months ago from ebay and one headlight passenger side started to turn purple. Had the bulb replaced worked great for 2 days and went purple again. any idea whats wrong?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you replaced the bulb and the problem came back, it is most likely a bad ballast. Get a replacement and see if it helps.

OP
OP
edgaranah1

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I see you have the escalade roof rack. Can you tell me where did you purchase them from? I have read that gmaccesories.com. But from my last purchase i made from them i really was disatisfied.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got mine for free off of my dad's totaled Denali.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
edgaranah1 said:
Thanks, I see you have the escalade roof rack. Can you tell me where did you purchase them from? I have read that gmaccesories.com. But from my last purchase i made from them i really was disatisfied.

eBay or craigslist is your best bet.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I concur, it's probably bad/cheap ballast. I'd recommend replacing both. You can get cheap, fairly high quality ones from a couple of places, but most of us seem to use them from here:

http://ddmtuning.com/

As a side note, why do people think the escalade roof racks look good? They are big, thick, and ugly IMO.....lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dneirman