Highly classified

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ss4chad

Reaction score
Presidential Motor!

Reminds of a Truck I had years ago;
It was a Blue 1992 Silverado w/8ft Bed that was lowered on 18' Enkei Wheels and a Gibson exhaust exiting behind the passenger side rear wheel. There was this rubber black molding that went on the side of the truck, both sides, from the back of the front fender to the rear bumper. On the driver/passenger door was an emblem that said 1500. I found a place that sold a replacement emblem that said SS 350 that fit in the place where the 1500 was!
Guys would come up to me and say they had never seen an SS 350 before, I would say it was a "Special Edition" truck and it came in Red, White and Blue colors with the special badging & motor. It's amazing what you can do under the hood with a little imagination. Chrome air cleaner, blue painted valve covers, yellow ignition wires, a few well placed factory SS decals.
Made it look legit!

I drove that truck for about 5 yrs and then traded it in on a newer truck at a Dealer who asked about the SS 350 emblem, so I gave them the same 'Special Edition' story. A few weeks later I seen it setting in the Used Car parking lot and on the windshield it said "SPECIAL EDITION SS".
I almost wrecked my new truck laughing!!

Chad

BacDoc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Presidential Motor!

Reminds of a Truck I had years ago;
It was a Blue 1992 Silverado w/8ft Bed that was lowered on 18' Enkei Wheels and a Gibson exhaust exiting behind the passenger side rear wheel. There was this rubber black molding that went on the side of the truck, both sides, from the back of the front fender to the rear bumper. On the driver/passenger door was an emblem that said 1500. I found a place that sold a replacement emblem that said SS 350 that fit in the place where the 1500 was!
Guys would come up to me and say they had never seen an SS 350 before, I would say it was a "Special Edition" truck and it came in Red, White and Blue colors with the special badging & motor. It's amazing what you can do under the hood with a little imagination. Chrome air cleaner, blue painted valve covers, yellow ignition wires, a few well placed factory SS decals.
Made it look legit!

I drove that truck for about 5 yrs and then traded it in on a newer truck at a Dealer who asked about the SS 350 emblem, so I gave them the same 'Special Edition' story. A few weeks later I seen it setting in the Used Car parking lot and on the windshield it said "SPECIAL EDITION SS".
I almost wrecked my new truck laughing!!

Chad
That’s a great story bro! Making the best of the situation!!!