I want to replace my ignition coil, which one do you recommend Tahoe 5.3 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hallo friends. I was replacing now the Spark Plugs and the wires also the coils. But if you can read as follow, i don't think my problem would be coming from the ignition.

Hello my friends from the forum. I currently have a problem that I can't quite figure out. It manifests itself as follows. When I have to drive up a hill and I accelerate my Tahoe and then hold the accelerator pedal, I hear the engine for about 3 seconds, as if the cylinder deactivation is active and it doesn't want to accelerate properly during this time, then it stops after 3 seconds and you can feel it pushing forward. This repeats itself at longer intervals only when I'm under load. At first I thought it was the ignition and completely replaced the spark plugs, cables and ignition coil. I drive with LPG here in Germany. But that wasn't the problem. Then I got the Tahoe up to 3000 rpm in the garage while it was standing still and held the gas and I noticed that at certain intervals it suddenly pushes the rpm up for about 2 seconds. As if something was accelerating on its own. I replaced the air mass meter 2 years ago. Do you have any idea where I could look again. I have this phenomenon with LPG and petrol.

I was opening a new post for this issue. So maybe some have any Idea..

Thanks to everyone.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, its been almost 50 years since I severiced a vehicle with LPG system. I am sure the LPg system has changed since then. Maybe you can post information on the LPG conversion system that has been installed your vehicle.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, its been almost 50 years since I severiced a vehicle with LPG system. I am sure the LPg system has changed since then. Maybe you can post information on the LPG conversion system that has been installed your vehicle.
I used a Prins VSI with Valve Care. I have a great workshop that knows a lot about LPG systems. They had already removed all the injectors and tested the rail on the test bench and they inject perfectly. What initially prompted me to change the spark plugs, ignition coils and cables was that I couldn't see the same red plug combustion pattern on the front right of the first cylinder of my Tahoe. All the other spark plugs were consistently red, only this one remained white, or rather grey, before the coil was changed. The strange thing is that this loss of power can only be felt and heard in the noise of the engine when I really step on the gas and use up power. It then feels as if the cylinder deactivation is switched on for a brief moment... But that can't be because I switched it off using my Diabolo programming device.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you still have the orginal air intake housing, filter system installed? Does the front o2sensors on both side react the same to WFO throttle action? (WFO is wide open.) Can you do a leak down test on cylinder number 2? Have the volm cover been removed? Does the engine have the DOD lifters installed? If you remove the Diabolo device, does the condtion still occur? Has the oil pan been removed? Is the screen below the oil pressure switch been removed? What is the normal oil pressure at normal temperature and at autoban speed? I understand the Diabolo stops the injectors from firing and the dod oil flow solinoids from opening. Does your fuel system allow switching between LPG and gasoline? Is the condition occuring on when LPG and gasoline?

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you still have the orginal air intake housing, filter system installed? Does the front o2sensors on both side react the same to WFO throttle action? (WFO is wide open.) Can you do a leak down test on cylinder number 2? Have the volm cover been removed? Does the engine have the DOD lifters installed? If you remove the Diabolo device, does the condtion still occur? Has the oil pan been removed? Is the screen below the oil pressure switch been removed? What is the normal oil pressure at normal temperature and at autoban speed? I understand the Diabolo stops the injectors from firing and the dod oil flow solinoids from opening. Does your fuel system allow switching between LPG and gasoline? Is the condition occuring on when LPG and gasoline?
I found the problem. It is the air conditioning compressor. As soon as it turns on, I lose a lot of power. I had never had that before. As soon as the compressor clutch engages, I have a massive loss of performance. That I can hear it as described on the engine noise even really loud. My question now. Can you replace the clutch on the compressor or should I replace it completely.? It still cools, but the loss of power is really annoying

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the refridigerant pressures and determine compressor function. The high pressure may be low if the compressor is not pumping sufficient flow and presenting a high load. When the clutch is engaged, the compressor and clutch rotate as one unit.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the problem. It is the air conditioning compressor. As soon as it turns on, I lose a lot of power. I had never had that before. As soon as the compressor clutch engages, I have a massive loss of performance. That I can hear it as described on the engine noise even really loud. My question now. Can you replace the clutch on the compressor or should I replace it completely.? It still cools, but the loss of power is really annoying
If it was robbing very much power it would break or pitch off the little ac belt.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, thanks for the tips. By chance, I have already found a few posts here in the forum that had the same problem as me. In this case, cleaning of the throttle valve was suggested. Someone wrote that a user had replaced the compressor and it didn't work at first. Only the cleaning of the throttle flap would have helped. How could this be related? I only did an air conditioning service 3 days ago and replaced the service valve and also the gasket. I'll take a look at my throttle tomorrow

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was serviced 3 days ago? Did you add oil and refrigerant to the system? The AC compressor wants to pump vapor not liquid. The correct amount of refrigerant and correct oil for the refrigerant are critical to correct operation. Did you add oil thru the suction line?

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a professional Aircon Sevice device in our workshop. We first vacuumed everything to eliminate a small leak on the service valve of the air conditioning system. The valve seal was no longer so good. After that, 1134g of refrigerant and 336g of oil were filled. According to GM's specifications

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesj82