IMPORTANT: The Chronicles of Low Oil Pressure by 07burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny how so many people call products snake oil and have never used any of them.

Glad it worked out. Good info. Thanks. Never thought of looking into risolene products.

I hadn't either until I started doing a lot of research and read some good reviews on it. I'm sure some stuff is gimicy but not all for sure :)

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny how so many people call products snake oil and have never used any of them.

Glad it worked out. Good info. Thanks. Never thought of looking into risolene products.

Because many products are lol

However some minor issues can be taken care of it looks like :)

Besides. I think most people are too far gone for a treatment in a bottle by the time they address an issue.

joshcarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a similar issue with my 6.0 GTO. when i started to research, i found that the already mentioned issue with the oil pump bypass was quite prevalent in the entire line of LS motors. when i pulled my pump out i found that the bypass was stuck about 1/16" - 1/8" open. the additive that you used may have fixed the problem for now, but i'd be taking a serious look at replacing the oil pump. i've done 3 so far (mine and 2 others), and it's not that hard.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this stupid issue raised it's ugly head again last night! :mad: this time it's throwing an engine code P0521 which indicates possibly a faulty sensor. That sensor was replaced a year or so ago when I was going through all the troubleshooting steps but we will give it another try. She's heading to the shop again first thing in the morning. In talking to the wife if we cannot find a legit fix this time around she's all for putting a new engine in the burb as opposed to selling it and getting a whole new vehicle. We shall see how this turns out. I know I'm pretty frustrated at this point.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members