Installed Baer 15" Front Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a new Baer Eradispeed 15" front brake kit from member scryfst. He's local to me and gave me a great deal on the kit. Just wanted to post up with my impressions of the kit so far.

The kit includes Baer's premium 15" zinc plated front brake rotors, billet caliper relocation brackets, and the correct hardware for installation. Initial impressions of the kit were great. The rotors are drilled and slotted and appear to be very high quality, the billet brackets are nicely anodized black, and it includes hardened metric fasteners along with hardened flat washers.

I installed the kit, along with EBC Green Stuff pads, on my '07 Suburban last night after work. Installation took about an hour and was very straight forward. I did have a problem getting the calipers centered over the rotors, but it was easy remedied by using a couple short spacers between the spindles and caliper mounting brackets to bring them further in. This is supposed to be a bolt-on kit, but I'm running 2" drop spindles from McGaughy's, so I think that's where the variance came from. Baer even includes a footnote in their instructions about using the kit with aftermarket spindles.

I've driven a total of 125 miles since installation. The first 100 miles were used to properly season the rotors and bed the EBC pads. Baer has a recommended process for this on their website for anyone interested. I have my own way of doing it that has always worked well for me.

I'm very impressed with the performance of this kit! I drove scryfst's Denali the day I bought these, as he has the same kit on his truck, and I was immediately impressed with how well these brakes seem to "bite". After the first 100 miles of breaking mine in, I really put them to the test on some local windy roads. The combination of the oversized rotors and EBC pads gives no perceivable brake fade, and much better stopping distances over the factory parts. Its not easy slowing a Suburban down, much less bringing it to a stop! Plus, they look much better through 22" CK375's than the puny stock rotors. Eventually, I plan on purchasing the matching rear kit and installing it, along with another set of Green Stuff pads.

If anyone is thinking about upgrading their factory brakes, but doesn't want to drop thousands of dollars on a complete big brake kit, I highly recommend these kits. They offer a good bang for the buck alternative. I've seen how much better braking can be upgraded on two different long wheelbase trucks now, and can only imagine how well they'd perform on the lighter short wheelbase trucks.

For anyone that's interested in pics, here's a link to scryfst's original FS thread. He's got a few pics of them posted there in the ad.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70986

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Not much interest here. Maybe I should've posted this in the performance section?

Mo.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Big Ones

I commend you. If there is one thing that drives me crazy is looking through a *****-en sit of Wheels just to see wimpy brakes.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running the front and rear setup for several years. Always been happy with the added performance as well as cosmetic looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice and smoking deal.

14SW,
Looks like 20" wheels are the smallest for this kit.

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im guessing one needs 20s or larger for these to fit?

Yes, minimum 20" wheel.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

I've been running the front and rear setup for several years. Always been happy with the added performance as well as cosmetic looks.

How is it with both the front and rear installed? Did you do both at once?

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

I commend you. If there is one thing that drives me crazy is looking through a *****-en sit of Wheels just to see wimpy brakes.

Thanks, man. I agree. Looks much better now!

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]

How is it with both the front and rear installed? Did you do both at once?

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

I did the front and rear together so I'm not sure how much a difference there is going from just the front kit to both. Overall, they stop my 24s better than my cousins stock tahoe brakes stop his stock 20s. I have over 50,000 miles on my setup. I Changed the brake pads from EBC green stuff because they wore a little quickly and am now running Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads. They throw less dust and have a little more bite to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo