Installed MirrorTap and Blendmount Valentine One Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the G5DIY harness and will be working on the install this weekend.
Suturusa….how did it go? I am also eyeballing those and a Blendmount. I’ve been a suction cup guy for thirty years and three V1’s. Time to try something new.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suturusa….how did it go? I am also eyeballing those and a Blendmount. I’ve been a suction cup guy for thirty years and three V1’s. Time to try something new.

It took all of 5 minutes. I don't like the placement of blendmount (or suction cups wearing out), so I have been using 3M dual lock with a V1 "permanent" mount on my last 4 vehicles and placing it closer to the headliner for a slightly stealthier look.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took all of 5 minutes. I don't like the placement of blendmount (or suction cups wearing out), so I have been using 3M dual lock with a V1 "permanent" mount on my last 4 vehicles and placing it closer to the headliner for a slightly stealthier look.

Very cool! Another mount I have never seen. So you are using Velcro on the windshield and sticking the other piece to the 3M tape side of the mount so you can remove it. Did you peel the 3M side off first or stick the tape to it as is? can you post a photo of the V1 mounted on it?

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool! Another mount I have never seen. So you are using Velcro on the windshield and sticking the other piece to the 3M tape side of the mount so you can remove it. Did you peel the 3M side off first or stick the tape to it as is? can you post a photo of the V1 mounted on it?

I just stuck the dual lock to the VHB tape on the mount. My wife has the truck now, I'll try to remember to take a picture later today.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just stuck the dual lock to the VHB tape on the mount. My wife has the truck now, I'll try to remember to take a picture later today.
BTW...I am totally jealous of your GT4. I am jonesing for the Boxster version ( in NJ a Boxster is allowed on the Motosport track, but not the 911 Cab). Won't happen but can dream. I have had a Boxster and two 911's. The thought of that 911 motor in my Boxster!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally prefer the blend mount, being tucked under the mirror it is almost out of sight out of mind, thieves are less likely to see it and cops never really notice it either.
technically here in CA it is against the law to have it attached to the window, the blendmount is a nice workaround. However if you place it in the upper left hand corner of the window they tend to let it slide, same for portable GPS

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally prefer the blend mount, being tucked under the mirror it is almost out of sight out of mind, thieves are less likely to see it and cops never really notice it either.
technically here in CA it is against the law to have it attached to the window, the blendmount is a nice workaround. However if you place it in the upper left hand corner of the window they tend to let it slide, same for portable GPS
Am I correct that you cannot pop the radar detector off the mount and stow it, that it and the mount are screwed on?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I correct that you cannot pop the radar detector off the mount and stow it, that it and the mount are screwed on?
the female part of the radar mount is screwed to the blend mount, the detector can still slide right off when you press the tab to release it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz