Installing "2021 PPV" style 6-Piston Brembo Front Brakes on a 2007 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess we shouldn’t complain considering the price paid for six pots.

MWD_CTSV

Reaction score
All Brembo calipers (OEM, Performance and Racing) are going to be Aluminum. Cast or Billet depending on application. Some of the very high end stuff is a Al-Li alloy. But not composit.

>> it is certainly not an aftermarket vs oem

Apologies if I was not clear. My main inquiry is whether the GM PPV and GM OEM "big brakes" are interchangable ?
The specific application in question is a 2024 Yukon Denali that is used for towing a 7000+ lb rig.

Yes the calipers are aluminum not composite.

The 2021 GM PPV and the GM Brembo upgrade are very similar and probably functionally equivalent for most people. For 2024 it is a bolton. The outside diameter and the width of the rotor are the same. The major difference is the inside diameter. For the PPV the brake pad is much taller, I think mainly to accommodate bigger pistons to get a closer to stock pedal travel, but I don't know this to be a fact, because I can't find the piston sizes for the upgrade kit. So the upgrade kit should have a firmer pedal and be more performance oriented. The PPV has more rotor mass and a bigger pad, so it may be more abuse oriented. So I think either are a big upgrade for towing, but I would lean towards the bigger rotor mass of the PPV for heavy towing.

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Wonder if the cost of the ZR1 brakes is worth the difference in cost over the PPV calipers. It's only $75 per caliper more, plus the cost of the adapter bracket at $225.

apex944

Reaction score
Yes the calipers are aluminum not composite.

The 2021 GM PPV and the GM Brembo upgrade are very similar and probably functionally equivalent for most people. For 2024 it is a bolton. The outside diameter and the width of the rotor are the same. The major difference is the inside diameter. For the PPV the brake pad is much taller, I think mainly to accommodate bigger pistons to get a closer to stock pedal travel, but I don't know this to be a fact, because I can't find the piston sizes for the upgrade kit. So the upgrade kit should have a firmer pedal and be more performance oriented. The PPV has more rotor mass and a bigger pad, so it may be more abuse oriented. So I think either are a big upgrade for towing, but I would lean towards the bigger rotor mass of the PPV for heavy towing.

Great answer. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfkahn