Battery problems need recommendations on new one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orange72blazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up a 2009 Tahoe LS a few months ago & it has been working fine but for the last couple of weeks I have been having problems with my battery not having enough power to start the Tahoe. I had it tested & it showed it being 100% charged but the cca was low. I had the alternator tested also & that was fine. The current battery is only 3 years old so that means the original battery must have only lasted about a year before it was replaced.

Is anyone else having battery problems with these newer Tahoe's?

We don't do much long distance driving with it. Probably 90% of the driving is 10 miles or less. Would that not allow the battery to charge up enough?

The battery that is in it isn't good any more so I am going to be looking for a new one, anyone have any recommendations? The one in there now is a Napa Legend 84 battery.

Last edited:

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's an 84 month battery, it still has some pro-rated warranty left. I'd go back to NAPA...plus they will install it for you while you wait. The group 48 batteries that go in the NNBS trucks are a pain to install.

OP
OP
O

orange72blazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it's an 84 month battery, it still has some pro-rated warranty left. I'd go back to NAPA...plus they will install it for you while you wait. The group 48 batteries that go in the NNBS trucks are a pain to install.
Is the warranty still good if I wasn't the one who originally bought the battery & don't have a receipt for it? The battery was in the Tahoe when I bought it.

OP
OP
O

orange72blazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took the battery to napa, they wouldn't do anything because I didn't have the paperwork for it. I ended up stealing the Kirkland group size 65 battery out of my 1972 Blazer since I never get a chance to drive it anyways. With a little bit of modification to the battery tray it fit real nice. It has 850 CCA & 1,000 CA & a 100 month warranty & costs about $90 at Costco.

Last edited:

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Costco has the best battery warrantee. Just carry it in and get your cash back go to the back and get a new one.

neutube

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kirkland batteries are manufactured by the same company that makes the Optima brand
http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/content/us/en.html

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

I'm still a fan of Interstate - they have top notch warranty service... johnson makes them also
Interstate-Batteries.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

orange72blazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kirkland dosen't make a direct fit battery for our Tahoe's but if anyone is interested I can get some pics to show what I had to do to make the one I got fit. it wasn't much only took me a couple of minutes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts