IPhone 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Pioneer 8400bh is compatible with the iPhone 5? If I remember correctly, the headunit will sync to the iPhone 4 for gps. I was considering buying a gps but I plan to buy an iPhone 5 as soon as I can get my hands on one. If I could just use the iPhone 5 for the maps thru the headunit instead of buying a separate gps, I'd rather go that route.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
iPhone5 will sync to Bluetooth Audio. It will also charge if you take your new lightning cable and plug in in, but no data or video will work. It won't show the data, song titles, etc.

All the functions you have the 8400 for instead of the 4400 will not work

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
And also the gps will send you into a lake instead lol. Id not get that junk and just get an htc imo

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iPhone5 will sync to Bluetooth Audio. It will also charge if you take your new lightning cable and plug in in, but no data or video will work. It won't show the data, song titles, etc.

All the functions you have the 8400 for instead of the 4400 will not work

Where does the cable plug in? The installer didn't plug the cable in and I thought it was on the rear of the headunit. If that's the case, do I have to take everything apart just to plug the cable in? It sounds like it'll be easier if I just get a gps. Thx Nate. I had a feeling you'd have an answer.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where does the cable plug in? The installer didn't plug the cable in and I thought it was on the rear of the headunit. If that's the case, do I have to take everything apart just to plug the cable in? It sounds like it'll be easier if I just get a gps. Thx Nate. I had a feeling you'd have an answer.

yes and no. you have 2 USB inputs. 1 of them along with a video input is used for the iphone cable. On that cable, about 1/3 of the way FROM the phone connector is a split in the USB cable that has a USB male to USB female. You can unplug from there and plug a/the USB in, or you can use the 2nd USB input on the back of the radio.

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you plug it in? I don't see anywhere on the front of the unit that would be used for a plug.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do you plug it in? I don't see anywhere on the front of the unit that would be used for a plug.

it's all on the back of the unit

CarToons

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find the video cable for the iPhone 5 yet. The USB it comes with doesn't work in my pioneer avic-z140. I'm hoping the adaptor will work when apple starts making them..

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find the video cable for the iPhone 5 yet. The USB it comes with doesn't work in my pioneer avic-z140. I'm hoping the adaptor will work when apple starts making them..

yeah, I'm playing the waiting game as well. However, I have an iPad that stays in the truck with unlimited data so I don't use my phone for audio/video. Just making calls...

CarToons

Reaction score
yeah, I'm playing the waiting game as well. However, I have an iPad that stays in the truck with unlimited data so I don't use my phone for audio/video. Just making calls...

You might have already seen this, but if you order the lightening connector to 30 pin adaptor it's a few weeks wait now. But the adaptor with a short cable with it (.2 meter) it's avail in 5 days.

I ordered it, and if you didn't already I can tell you if it works with a gmx550, and a pioneer avic-z130 and a z140. Hopefully the 5-7 days is really accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruffnready