Is this a good idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi DTAILS,

I believe that this exhaust tip thingie actually removes the resonator ... so I was just wondering if anyone here has done that to their truck, and if other than the nicer look, it makes a nicer sound.

Thanks for the emissions clarification.

The resonator basically mutes the sound of what your exhaust should basically sound like. If you installed that tip in the OP, then you would essentially be doing a 'resonator delete', because to install that, you would cut off your resonator and bolt/clamp on that new tip. The SLP 2.5" Dual tip and the Volant Super tips are both pretty much the same thing as you put in the OP also. They are just different grades of stainless steel, which is why the price difference (116 versus 250+) is so great. If you were to buy a tip replacement, i'd buy the slp or volant before your ebay one.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

BAMA_LTZ_HOE has done this and a pic of his configuration can be found in this thread: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23322&page=4. He had an exhaust shop do the work but same result just a little cheaper than a Volant route and IMO still looks nice. Deleting that resonator definitely does look a lot better but as stated by Atomic will gain you nothing us other than cosmetic improvement and slightly different exhaust note. I plan doing the exact thing that BAMA did as soon as it gets a little warmer out.

I went to a custom shop but all their tips they keep in inventory were gross looking. Half hour labor plus the tip would cost around 70-80. So if you are 'ballin on a budget' then that is def the way to go. I'm gonna go the volant route.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Felix and Jacob, I really appreciate the help.

I'm going to call the guys that sell the SLP and make sure it's fine for a 6.0L ... if so I'm going to buy it.

Thanks again.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Felix and Jacob, I really appreciate the help.

I'm going to call the guys that sell the SLP and make sure it's fine for a 6.0L ... if so I'm going to buy it.

Thanks again.

Even if it's not, your local exhaust/muffler shop can weld on a middle piece to match the diameter of your 6.0L exhaust.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to a custom shop but all their tips they keep in inventory were gross looking. Half hour labor plus the tip would cost around 70-80. So if you are 'ballin on a budget' then that is def the way to go. I'm gonna go the volant route.

With kids to feed everything I do is on a budget :D That's probably apparent by my lack of rims at the moment :lol: With that said, I have not looked at my local shop(s) to see what tips they have on hand to really know what my options are for that but I will not put a tip on if I don't 100% like it so I may find the same results that you've already looked at. :shrug: If worse comes to worse, I'll cut that resonator off in my driveway and rock it for a while until I find exactly what I want. No exhaust showing at all also looks good IMO :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Low Beam