It’s here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was not a fan of the red RST stitching based on pics on Chevrolets website but it’s much more subtle in person. My wife absolutely loves it. Going for a decent road trip tomorrow to get a feel for it.
Enjoy the road trip! The more time you spend in it the more you get addicted to the space and quiet ride. If I remember right you were coming from a Honda Pilot. We also had a Honda Pilot (2014) with five kids and could not imagine going back.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking machine and a smart buy with the diesel powertrain. The higher price will pay off in long term reliability.

OP
OP
S

SNWMBL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This thing is amazing. You’d think the Duramax was a slouch from reviews but it will put you back in the seats no problem, transmission and engine are very smooth, love it, it’s an absolute pleasure to drive. The trip was only 90 miles, speed limits bounced between 55 mph and 65 mph, filled up before and after to hand calculate mileage.

Computer said 28.3 mpg
Hand calculated was 27.56 mpg

Damn good for an SUV this size and it’s not even broke in yet.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked it up today.

2024 RST Suburban
Duramax
Luxury Package
2nd row buckets
Max Trailer Package
View attachment 427154
View attachment 427155
View attachment 427156
Your vehicle is similar to mine. Here's what I did on the first couple of days of ownership. Engine auto stop-start, permanently disabled. Daytime Running Lights, permanently disabled (dealer did this in 5 minutes). Automatic door locking disabled. Removed all things Google to the maximum extent practical. Software update so engine will not shut off after 20 minutes of idling. Software update so vehicle can stay in accessory mode for longer than 20 minutes. Great for drive-in movies. Once you De-Detroit the vehicle, they're very nice.

OP
OP
S

SNWMBL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your vehicle is similar to mine. Here's what I did on the first couple of days of ownership. Engine auto stop-start, permanently disabled. Daytime Running Lights, permanently disabled (dealer did this in 5 minutes). Automatic door locking disabled. Removed all things Google to the maximum extent practical. Software update so engine will not shut off after 20 minutes of idling. Software update so vehicle can stay in accessory mode for longer than 20 minutes. Great for drive-in movies. Once you De-Detroit the vehicle, they're very nice.
Thank you for the tips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JVega