It's That Time of the Year, Again (at Least, in the North)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was taking supplies out of the back of my 07 Yukon XL, and I happened to glance up at the top of the truck body, at the channel where the lift gate hinges and rubber rain molding are. I see this mass of dark feathers, and my first though is that 'somehow' a bird got caught in between the lift gate and the truck's body, while closing it. Extraordinary!

Stunned, I finish unloading my supplies, put on a pair of gloves, and go back to the truck to remove the dead bird. As I grab for the dead bird, the mass of feathers crumbles disintegrates into simply a mass of feathers, and a mouse runs out the side, down the lift gate side rubber molding, and jumps onto the driveway. Sitting in the channel behind the rubber rain molding are 3 baby mice, so young that their eyes are not open yet. I cleaned up the mess and put rat poison in my portable shelter, where I house my Yukon XL.

Moral of the story is that Winter is approaching up North, and the mice was selecting and furnishing their winter homes. Beware!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Lucky catch. Even here in Cali they do that but the more temperate weather gives them more options to take staycations.

I know guys who purchased large rolls of sticky paper for critters and placed them around the wheels. No bait needed, the new mice and rats like to walk up to the dead ones and ask them what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
My brother had his fuel pump wiring chewed through earlier this year on his Dodge Caravan RT. He keeps it parked in the driveway. He now has little bags or pouches of something smelly (mint?) that's supposed to deter them that he places at the base of the tires to keep them off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
02YUKaczON100k24