L8t 427 Whipple charged Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is shaping up to be a great build!

I don't have any personal experience with TKR, but they're located about 30 mins south of me and have a very strong reputation for GM transmissions.
What year is your Denali?
Do you have the 8 speed or the 10 speed transmission?
Stall speed on the Circle D Billet Torque Converter?
L8T 427... I'm guessing you installed a stroker kit that bumped the displacement up to 7.0l from 6.6l? What stroker kit did you use to do this?
What are you using for heads on this L8T?

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is shaping up to be a great build!

I don't have any personal experience with TKR, but they're located about 30 mins south of me and have a very strong reputation for GM transmissions.
What year is your Denali?
Do you have the 8 speed or the 10 speed transmission?
Stall speed on the Circle D Billet Torque Converter?
L8T 427... I'm guessing you installed a stroker kit that bumped the displacement up to 7.0l from 6.6l? What stroker kit did you use to do this?
What are you using for heads on this L8T?
It’s an 8l90. I went with a 3k triple disc setup from circle d. The rotation assembly is all cali compstar stuff. Heads are a set of katech cnc ported stock casting heads. With the 59cc chamber it’ll be right at 10.8:1 so it should have some good grunt down low.

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s an 8l90. I went with a 3k triple disc setup from circle d. The rotation assembly is all cali compstar stuff. Heads are a set of katech cnc ported stock casting heads. With the 59cc chamber it’ll be right at 10.8:1 so it should have some good grunt down low.
Also it’s a 2016

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fic lt4 30 over on the high side walbro 525 on the low side. Gpi cam has a 32 over fuel lobe and then a lt4 high side pump. Unfortunately there is no E85 close to me at all and with this being a daily driver driving 45 minutes to fill up isnt in the picture. It’ll be tuned on 91 pump gas. I’m hoping to see 700ish to the wheel with low boost.
search around on the hptuners forum...a lot of tuners not very happy with fic30%s
xdi injectors seem to be more favorable
no cam in my gen v, but likely going port injection (well am going port injection ive got the plates/injectors, just sorting out controller)

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
search around on the hptuners forum...a lot of tuners not very happy with fic30%s
xdi injectors seem to be more favorable
no cam in my gen v, but likely going port injection (well am going port injection ive got the plates/injectors, just sorting out controller)
I was heavily considering xdi however they are backordered like crazy and the tuner I use often isn’t a fan of their support. I was thinking of port injection but I think the 30% overs will be fine for what I have going on

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was heavily considering xdi however they are backordered like crazy and the tuner I use often isn’t a fan of their support. I was thinking of port injection but I think the 30% overs will be fine for what I have going on
gotcha, if your tuner is comfortable with them , then hopefully it all goes smooth.
if i were up for doing a cam now i would likely just do the DI stuff as well and not have to mess with additional stuff, avoiding meth for the same reason...this thing sits for a few weeks at a time i dont want to have to check abunch of stuff before i drive it every time.

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
gotcha, if your tuner is comfortable with them , then hopefully it all goes smooth.
if i were up for doing a cam now i would likely just do the DI stuff as well and not have to mess with additional stuff, avoiding meth for the same reason...this thing sits for a few weeks at a time i dont want to have to check abunch of stuff before i drive it every time.
That’s kinda my thinking also working out of town and having the wife daily it. Trying to keep the down low drivability as tame as possible and not overly complicated.

koachdaddy

Reaction score
Not to derail your thread, but could you tell me why you went with Whipple? I'm on the fence about the Whipple vs Magnuson and trying to ask the questions before making a decision.

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally back from work and had an hour or two free to get some stuff taken care of. I ended up pinning the crank just to be safe with the whipple. All pushrods have been put in a the preload set for the Johnson racing tie bar lifters. Tomorrow or the next day I’ll end up finishing up with the long block and hopefully have it dropped in. I do still need to finish removing the from end to make running lines and what not easier.

Attachments

• IMG_1804.jpeg
    IMG_1804.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1803.jpeg
    IMG_1803.jpeg
    358.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads