Need Advice on Engine Stumble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like you really needed anything from an ls7:) ;)
I like the ls7 throttle body it's a all aluminum design and obviously better quality than what they throw on the SUV's so it was a no brainer
$150 well spent. Did not require any tune or calibration, plug-n-play. I do have a cai installed so it is possible a stock intake housing may not fit.
it's been several years if someone wanted to retain the stock intake housing you would need to do some research the ls7 tb sticks out on one side a bit
lss.JPG

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cruise down to the local big brand auto parts store and let them try to pull some codes.

You’re on track with the gen maintenance. Now you need to diagnostics to dig a little deeper.
doesn't sound like he is getting any codes. a scanner could be connected to check live data for any misfire counts while driving. Not sure how many it takes to throw a code but normal operation should show 0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the ls7 throttle body it's a all aluminum design and obviously better quality than what they throw on the SUV's so it was a no brainer
$150 well spent. Did not require any tune or calibration, plug-n-play. I do have a cai installed so it is possible a stock intake housing may not fit.
it's been several years if someone wanted to retain the stock intake housing you would need to do some research the ls7 tb sticks out on one side a bit
View attachment 427230
Hmmmay have to that route especially for 150 smackers. I can figure the intake out that should be easy.
Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmay have to that route especially for 150 smackers. I can figure the intake out that should be easy.
Thanks
prices seem to have gone down on them a little bit, but I bought mine new, in the hitachi box, Hitachi makes them for GM.
pretty sure I bought the 90mm the 6.2l intake I believe is 88mm (outside, circumference), the rear mating surface is the same size.
there are like 107mm one's out there so just be sure to get the right size, generally the larger size are more like $250.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
prices seem to have gone down on them a little bit, but I bought mine new, in the hitachi box, Hitachi makes them for GM.
pretty sure I bought the 90mm the 6.2l intake I believe is 88mm (outside, circumference), the rear mating surface is the same size.
there are like 107mm one's out there so just be sure to get the right size, generally the larger size are more like $250.
Gotcha man, Thanks I appreciate the info

houstontaylor

Reaction score
I tried a Hitachi throttle body but it went bad after a few months. So I went back to OEM and no problems. Also, I had air leaks where the pcv hose hooks to the rear of the valve cover and the fuel regulator rubber boots/hose. Like someone said, check the fuel trims with a scanner that shows live data.

tgwhit12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On Doubleeive's post, I agree; at least from my experince. I mentioned before that I put in a new factory GM 6.0 in my 212K mile 13 Tahoe. When that was done, the intake was cleaned and most of the sensors replaced. I had a stumble / high idle during braking and it was bugging me. I'd run across a GM mechanic trying to help me with my reverse lights and while he was plugged in with his laptop, I mentioned the characteristics above. He reset the mileage (not on the odometer) but somewhere. He told me the computer was compensating for what it thought was build up in the throttle body of a 212K mile vehicle. Once he did that, it all went away and never came back.
I don't know if that helps, but it may be worth a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinsbritton

Latest posts