Need new shocks for my 2dr tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vtx1800sba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to replace the original shocks on my 1996 2dr. tahoe (5.7l). Rig only has 46k miles on it (yep you read it right). But given they are 15 years old and I've only really started to run it this year, I can tell they are about shot. I'm about 75% of the time on asphalt, and remainder on job sites and off road.

Any body have any advice/experience on brand and type of replacement shocks? Sure could use some advice.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Nice your was sitting too for a long time like mine? If so you will have problems later if it was never started every once in a while. I had to get my engine overhauled because it rusted on the inside at the crankshaft and cause the oils pressure to be dangerously low and it wore super bad.

OP
OP
V

vtx1800sba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine sat for very long periods of time. Actually was owned by a buddy of mine. He ran it once in a great while just to keep it lubed up. I've put about 3k miles on it in the last month. Replaced u joints and a few other things. Now time for shocks.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Well just like mine you are goingto have problems. Mine sat for around 6 or 7 years and so far I have had to put in a transmission, get the engine overhauled, new hatch shocks, new hoses and belt, ac compressor bypass till I can get the compressor, I have spent about 3k just to get it where it is at and will most likely have to pit it anoner 1k for the ac to get fixed:( o well it's a project and it's still fairly rare around here and still very sexy:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nickhawn