Need Recommendations for 24 " Tire... 305/35/R24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTahoeFL

Reaction score
Hey, I have a 2015 Chevy Tahoe and I just ordered some new 24" rims. I need help/recommendation on tires. Looking for 305/35/R24. The shop is suggesting Delinte or Lexanis. While these may be cheaper, I never heard of these brands. I live on Florida so I need a tire that is good on wet highways and good with the Florida Heat. Any suggestions?

leroy712

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, I have a 2015 Chevy Tahoe and I just ordered some new 24" rims. I need help/recommendation on tires. Looking for 305/35/R24. The shop is suggesting Delinte or Lexanis. While these may be cheaper, I never heard of these brands. I live on Florida so I need a tire that is good on wet highways and good with the Florida Heat. Any suggestions?

I have love my Nitto 420s’ so far. You’ll pay a bit of a premium, but worth it to me to have a good tire to semi make up for the ride on a lowered Tahoe with 24’s. Several people personally recommended them to me and I’ve been pleased. And not this should make any difference at all, however they are a nice looking tire and tread pattern as well. Can’t comment on wet traction yet. Monsoon season doesnt start here until July.

OP
OP
LTahoeFL

LTahoeFL

Reaction score
I have love my Nitto 420s’ so far. You’ll pay a bit of a premium, but worth it to me to have a good tire to semi make up for the ride on a lowered Tahoe with 24’s. Several people personally recommended them to me and I’ve been pleased. And not this should make any difference at all, however they are a nice looking tire and tread pattern as well. Can’t comment on wet traction yet. Monsoon season doesnt start here until July.

Thanks. I was thinking about the Nittos. Mind if I ask how much each tire runs?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For Florida roads a lexani tire will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any specific experience with our rigs, but my previous DD was a Trailblazer SS AWD, I put just shy of 200K miles on that rig before selling so I went through some all season performance tires. I did have a set of Nitto 420's on there; They're a decent tire, ride ok, good in dry conditions, fair in wet, not good in light snow, tread pattern looks cool, but from my experience there are better tire options out there for the money. You should consider the Toyo Proxes ST-II's; Great ride, superior dry/wet traction, resist hydroplaning very well, and for an all season, performed great in light snow and I averaged 65K miles out of a set! All that being said I live in Ohio, so my needs/expectations for an "all-season" tire are going to be way different than yours in Florida.

Like you I have some 24's on order that should be here in a few weeks and I've been looking at tires in the 305/35/24 size. My short lists so far in 305/35/24 is (in no particular order):

Nexen Roadian HP
Toyo Proxes ST-II's
Yokohama Parada Spec-X
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmmetrico

Cheaper Options that I've read nothing but good reviews on:
Vercelli Strada IV
Atturo AZ800

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread though, hopefully those with 24's will chime in on what tires they've had good and/or bad experiences with.

OP
OP
LTahoeFL

LTahoeFL

Reaction score
I don't have any specific experience with our rigs, but my previous DD was a Trailblazer SS AWD, I put just shy of 200K miles on that rig before selling so I went through some all season performance tires. I did have a set of Nitto 420's on there; They're a decent tire, ride ok, good in dry conditions, fair in wet, not good in light snow, tread pattern looks cool, but from my experience there are better tire options out there for the money. You should consider the Toyo Proxes ST-II's; Great ride, superior dry/wet traction, resist hydroplaning very well, and for an all season, performed great in light snow and I averaged 65K miles out of a set! All that being said I live in Ohio, so my needs/expectations for an "all-season" tire are going to be way different than yours in Florida.

Like you I have some 24's on order that should be here in a few weeks and I've been looking at tires in the 305/35/24 size. My short lists so far in 305/35/24 is (in no particular order):

Nexen Roadian HP
Toyo Proxes ST-II's
Yokohama Parada Spec-X
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmmetrico

Cheaper Options that I've read nothing but good reviews on:
Vercelli Strada IV
Atturo AZ800

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread though, hopefully those with 24's will chime in on what tires they've had good and/or bad experiences with.

Good Info. I think I am leaning towards the YoKos - I read a few reviews and they seem worth it. Keep me posted on what you decide.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had nexxen roadians (3 sets) in that size over the last 7-8 years.

My first set was great and I had many people comment on how well the car rode on 24’s. But I bent a wheel and punctured a tire so I decided to buy another set. The second set I had would noticeably have to “warm up” before they were smooth. So the first 3 miles of the day, they kinda had a slight vibration which I accounted to having a “flat spot” From sitting overnight. But it literally goes away after a couple miles.

My 3rd set i think is just me, But seems to ride tougher. Also my car needs new suspension but since I no longer drive it daily (I drive my 17 model, my 10 model doesn’t get that much action anymore) I haven’t changed out the shocks/struts to see if the tires are an issue.

I plan to go Toyos on my next set of wheels on my 17 and put my factory wheels back on the 10.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of KMC D2 24's en route to my house with the Nitto 420's mounted. I will post a pic when I get them. Ordered the 305/35 instead of 295s cause I wanted a little more meat on the tires.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but with some of the newer 2025+ SUVs coming with OEM 24" tires I do anticipate some more 24" tire options becoming available.

I snooped around on the Michelin website and got excited when I seen they have 24" size available for the Defender LTX M/S2's but it's a 275/50R24; Which is a 34.84" diameter tire! No idea what type of vehicle that's meant for!

But hopefully this is at least a sign to come that more tire manufactures will be offering 24" options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
packle