need some stereo help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
if yall dont mind me asking about the rado here. My aftermarket stereo is great for the most part, except on certain songs ( most country songs) It distorts at a lower than average volume. like 12 out of 35 clicks, as some radio stations it can go all the way up with no distortion and you will be def in less than 5 min and have an ****** from the vibrations of the bass. Also I get engine noise and HID noise. I dont know how to get rid of that. Amp is hooked up to the battery would should be pretty pure. IM also using a Cap if that makes a difference.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what your talking about and I have had the same issue with my setup I had in my 95 cehvy truck. I alwasy thought it was a wiring issue to the battery.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
RT, how are your grounds? What type of wire are you using? Have you thought about using wires wrapped with an outer wire specifically for r/f supression?

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you listening to the radio? are you sure its not just those stations aren't as high a quality? So it sounds like its distorting? I would check your ground if your getting engine noise and HID noise.

oneradride

Reaction score
Read up on ‘group loop isolation’ also try and pin point were the interference/distortion is coming from. IE power, signal, amp, etc. A stiffening cap should not matter.

Do you also get the distortion with a CD playing? All CD’s? Just the country radio station?

Some CD’s are burnt at different audio levels than others….. They make ground loop isolators for power and RCA but before you spend the money try and narrow down the problem a little more…..

OP
OP
Rollin Thunder

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
Are you listening to the radio? are you sure its not just those stations aren't as high a quality? So it sounds like its distorting? I would check your ground if your getting engine noise and HID noise.

its all the time, on any station or ipod or CD. The ground is on the frame. Should I move it to the battery.

Also another question. even with a Cap my battery is weak starting every morning. Is it just an old battery or am I draining it to much some how?? Nothing is left on

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the original battery? If so I would say its time for a new one. Might also want to look at the connections on the battery

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its all the time, on any station or ipod or CD. The ground is on the frame. Should I move it to the battery.

Also another question. even with a Cap my battery is weak starting every morning. Is it just an old battery or am I draining it to much some how?? Nothing is left on

i have my stuff grounded to a bolt on the dash frame and to the seat bolt. and the battery should be fine. what are the specs of your system?

Is it the original battery? If so I would say its time for a new one. Might also want to look at the connections on the battery
i still have the original battery in my truck and it's an 04.

OP
OP
Rollin Thunder

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
Read up on ‘group loop isolation’ also try and pin point were the interference/distortion is coming from. IE power, signal, amp, etc. A stiffening cap should not matter.

Do you also get the distortion with a CD playing? All CD’s? Just the country radio station?

Some CD’s are burnt at different audio levels than others….. They make ground loop isolators for power and RCA but before you spend the money try and narrow down the problem a little more…..

Thanks for the info guys. The noise is coming from the amps. So What do I do about that???

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unhook them and see if you are getting a lot of draw.

i still need to know your setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukk