No power to climate controls - HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_Yeti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am in need of some help.
I have a 2015 GMC Yukon SLT.
141,000 miles

About 2 weeks ago the climate control panel stopped working.
No power, no ability to change anything, nothing at all. Radio is fine, heated seats are fine, all other electrical seems fine.
The Yukon still blows heat at a low fan speed (I assume this is what the vehicle was set at before the panel went out)

1.) I initially checked all the fuses relating to the HVAC, all fine.
2.) I unplugged the battery for 10 mins
3.) I ordered a new panel (Part # 84412941 - https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-dash-control-unit-84412941) installed it, nothing
4.) I finally took it to the Chevy dealership. They tested "eeevvverrrthhinnnggg" including modules, pin testing, etc. over the course of 3 days, and determined that the part I ordered was bad. The GM tech concluded that could be the only problem. They wanted $590.00 for parts and labor. Wouldn't guarantee a refund if that part didn't fix the issue. Picked up from dealership
5.) Ordered a NEW panel from a different site, installed, still nothing

I am so lost and confused.... PLEASE someone help.

Thank you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds fishy to me, the dealer tech should know exactly where the problem is and should even be able to remote control the ac panel and determine if it has communication or not, the tech can test that much in about 5 minutes.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^x2..... The dealer should have the test equipment required to troubleshoot that system, and come up with the source of the issue.

2005tahoes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am in need of some help.
I have a 2015 GMC Yukon SLT.
141,000 miles

About 2 weeks ago the climate control panel stopped working.
No power, no ability to change anything, nothing at all. Radio is fine, heated seats are fine, all other electrical seems fine.
The Yukon still blows heat at a low fan speed (I assume this is what the vehicle was set at before the panel went out)

1.) I initially checked all the fuses relating to the HVAC, all fine.
2.) I unplugged the battery for 10 mins
3.) I ordered a new panel (Part # 84412941 - https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-dash-control-unit-84412941) installed it, nothing
4.) I finally took it to the Chevy dealership. They tested "eeevvverrrthhinnnggg" including modules, pin testing, etc. over the course of 3 days, and determined that the part I ordered was bad. The GM tech concluded that could be the only problem. They wanted $590.00 for parts and labor. Wouldn't guarantee a refund if that part didn't fix the issue. Picked up from dealership
5.) Ordered a NEW panel from a different site, installed, still nothing

I am so lost and confused.... PLEASE someone help.

Thank you.
what fixed this issue? Please help. I have exact same problem cannot find anything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz