Np246 performance rebuild kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vadenA77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a billet rebuild kit for the stock np246 transfer case? I'm planning out my build currently and I'm having trouble finding a rebuild kit that isn't just an oem refurbish.

My plan is to lower my 07 tahoe 3f/5r and put it on 285/35r22 tires. Also gonna do obvious suspension stuff that im too lazy to list out. I'm planning on buying a TSP 427 stroker and either turbo or supercharging it. Hoping for around 800hp going through a 6l80

Anyways I'm trying to find a Tcase that can handle 1000hp just to be safe. The engine and trans I have picked out are both 1000hp capable and I need to find a np246 that can handle it. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer to keep the np246 just so I can keep the stock 4wd switch and the install will just be easier.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're building a street truck, but keeping 4WD? 800hp with AWD might be nice! (If the AWD diff can handle it?)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You state that you have already picked out the transmission for your project. Can you show more detail on the transmission that you have picked out, or where you are getting it from?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the np246 mates up with a 6L80, mainly I think it's the output shaft spline count. To keep your stock switch, you could use the mp3023

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marrickard76