Only starts with cam sensor disconnected?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loosenuts13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently replaced the cam shaft in my 2017 Tahoe with a 4th gen LS1 due to the #7 stuck lifter issue and scarring of the cam lobe. I got everything back together it turns over but wont start unless i have disconnected the cam position sensor. I can start the truck and plug the sensor back in but am unable to do a cam position sensor relearn due to some error while attempting it. I dont believe its a faulty sensor as there was no issue with the truck starting before replacing the cam and i dont believe its an issue with the position of the sensor because it mounts into the time cover in only one position. Any idea on where i might have gone wrong or anything to look into would be greatly appreciated. I have photos and videos if that would help to provide any clarity on whats going on.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a 5.3 engine on your truck or 6.2?

Can you post a link of the cam you purchased and installed? I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a 4th gen LS1. It's either an Gen 3 LS1 cam or maybe an LT1 (some folks call those Gen V)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martino13