Optima Batteries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have an Optima Yellow Top in my 01 Tahoe. I now have an 07 Yukon Denali XL.

I can't remember how to pick one. Whats the easiest way to choose? I don't have accessories and probably wont have too many in the future.

I do a lot of back country driving/hunting and it does get very cold. I need something with high CCA.

Any tips are appreciated. Having a brain fart.

Thanks!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to have several optima's as well. However I wouldn't buy one again, Everything I have read about them hasn't been good for the past few years. Seems like they aren't what they used to be.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Optimas have gone down hill are are nowhere near what they use to be. I would look into Odyssey batteries. You can even get the "Platinum" series from Sears which are rebranded Odysseys

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I have never heard a bad thing about them. How have they gone down hill?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Yellow tops suck now... Get a Duracell or energizer AGM battery. Group 34 for under the hood

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a group 34 agm battery from advance auto yest their brand. Good reviews online. Counter guy knocked off $50 I got it for 150.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's bad about them? Don't last as long? His bad? Leaks? What's a comparable sealed battery?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metal2forall