Oy Vader

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ...

Yes Black Ice is a black with metallic flake in it, I think it's Caddy's name for Chevy's Carbon Black.

And it's my 4th NNBS damn it, not 5th .... HUUUUGE difference! :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it similar to the "black diamond" paint code

I think Black Diamond is a deeper black and has less metallic flake in it.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be crazy but the only thing I'd change on that right now is a slight tint on those taillights and third brake light.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure to be honest, but I don't think so. The BD is a three step paint like the WD, this is just metallic paint. Plus since BD is a term that Cadillac uses, I'd imagine they'd call it BD instead of BI.

I'll look at my paint code to be sure ... but I've only ever seen BD on V series Cadillacs.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea Vseries and a custom rod is all I have seen also. I thought the BI was 3 step also. My bad. So you have metallic black with fancy cadi name. :think:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe, we'll see ... you have to see the truck in person to see how the grey tones flow through it, and how the wheels and tails match up together. I'm not sure tinting smoked tails will yield a better effect.

Plus how have the sun beating down on them in that pic ... in real life they look like they looked on my Denali:

smokin.png

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i vote you bag it lay frame.. and black all the chrome.. and put spinners on it.....

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Thanks Neo ... that 4 NNBSs SUVs btw, five would be silly. :)

And yes, I'm keeping this girl for at least a year, give GM time to deal with the first few recalls before I buy an NNNBS.
I miscounted! I changed it now.
If only I could get the N^3BS Escalade. I heard the prices will go up due to differentiation so that makes it almost impossible.
What mods do you plan on?
Back to dropped on 24s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz