Pirelli AS plus 3 vs Michelin Defenders LTX M/S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are other changes. Per Tire Rack, the new tire has improved traction, handling dynamics, and steering feel. I have a set of each and I also think the new version rides a little bit better. I think the new one looks less “old truck tire,” which seems to be the only complaint people can find about the Defender.

BacDoc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hard to see much difference in “look” on low profile tires on 22” rims. I personally prefer the look of more tire on a 20” wheel and would expect the bigger tires on 20” wheel to “ride” better. I gotta say my 2024 Tahoe with 22” wheels rides very nice but I will definitely be replacing the Brigestones once they start to show wear. I have always had great experience with Michelin and as one of the other posters mentioned Michelin performance stays close to new throughout the lifetime of the tire. One of the few brands that feels like new after 30k miles

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to see much difference in “look” on low profile tires on 22” rims.
I notice differences. For instance, I don't want much of the tread profile wrapping around to the sidewall of the tire. Some people who are after a more-aggressive/off-road look might seek that out, but that look isn't for me on my truck.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice differences. For instance, I don't want much of the tread profile wrapping around to the sidewall of the tire. Some people who are after a more-aggressive/off-road look might seek that out, but that look isn't for me on my truck.
Me too... if it looks like an RV hauler... I don't care how good it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnbri512

Latest posts