Power Liftgate Suddenly Stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdjatom416

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,

I went shopping tonight and loaded my groceries into the truck open and closing the power liftgate from the key fob. Worked perfectly like it always has. When I got home I got out, pressed the button and the lights flash but the lift gate did not open. Got in the drivers seat to try from the over head button (it was in the On position) and tried to do it from there and nothing happens. I can manually lift the tail gate and the power locking mechanism seems to be working but the lift gate won't to go up or down using the motor. I know for sure its not the fob, what else can I check???

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you push the button, do you hear anything close to the lift gate? Does the lock latch unlock? Does the lift gate motor try to run?

Ordinarily, the gas filled support struts fail on these lift gates, but the lift gate will usually start to lift, bit then stops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbeezy