Power loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was the heat shield hitting the touching the solenoid b+ battery cable. When I went under the truck the heat shield sparked then I disconnected the negative and just pulled it off. There was no screw holding it in place. Took pictures. Thank you guys for all of your help.
around the starter?
if so you may want to get go ahead and get a new starter cable, I already had to replace mine because it was fried, not from touching anything, some of them are not insulated very well and they just get cooked and burnt I was inspecting mine and it didn't look healthy at all so I just went ahead and replaced it. The new one was insulated much better.

OP
OP
jerwilso

jerwilso

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
around the starter?
if so you may want to get go ahead and get a new starter cable, I already had to replace mine because it was fried, not from touching anything, some of them are not insulated very well and they just get cooked and burnt I was inspecting mine and it didn't look healthy at all so I just went ahead and replaced it. The new one was insulated much better.
Will do. And the heat shield was broken. And had no screws holding it on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts