Problem with lowering springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how I read all these posts about drop kits and springs on this site and the web, and no explanation on how to keep the rear drop springs snuggled into place when put on a lift. I just installed 4" drop springs tonight and it was a major PITA settling the weight down and making sure they lined up into their seats properly at the top.

I can not imagine taking my rig into a shop and getting lifted up to have the tires balanced or some other work on a lift and the rear springs and isolators falling out of place easily. This really has me upset. I have to be able to have this lifted off the ground by some schmuck at a regular shop without worrying about this.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how I read all these posts about drop kits and springs on this site and the web, and no explanation on how to keep the rear drop springs snuggled into place when put on a lift. I just installed 4" drop springs tonight and it was a major PITA settling the weight down and making sure they lined up into their seats properly at the top.

I can not imagine taking my rig into a shop and getting lifted up to have the tires balanced or some other work on a lift and the rear springs and isolators falling out of place easily. This really has me upset. I have to be able to have this lifted off the ground by some schmuck at a regular shop without worrying about this.

Usually, shocks that coordinate with the drop are what limits the droop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364