Really frustrated, multiple codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick1024

Reaction score
So yesterday i hopped into my hoe and went to the gas station. On the way there the hoe hestated really badly, backfired and then began to run like absolute trash, all while the CEL is flashing. I figure that the Cadillac converters were clogged as I kept getting dtc's that were related to the cats. So the next day, today, i simply had the cats removed and replaced the upstream o2 sensors with new ac delco sensors. Still getting the o2 sensor codes. Got the p0443 and p0458 codes, replaced the evap purge solenoid, still getting the codes. Now i know there are codes related to removing the cats, fine, but this is seriously irritating. I also got a code for the oil control solenoid or whatever, wondering what thats all about. Can anyone chime in? I checked the fuses and found the one in slot 100 (under the hood) blown so i replaced it. That helped a bit but i still feel and hear hesitation when i give it light throttle. Here are the codes, any help is greatly appreciated

P0030
P0031
P0050
P0051
P0135
P0155
P0157
P0443
P0458
P06DA
P06DB
P2097
P2099

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate when speech to text tries to make me look like an idiot. Catalytic, not cadillac
first place to start is the battery, clean the contacts, wire brush and reconnect, check and clean grounds.
"often" when there is a laundry list of codes it is indicative of a bad ground somewhere.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday i hopped into my hoe and went to the gas station. On the way there the hoe hestated really badly, backfired and then began to run like absolute trash, all while the CEL is flashing. I figure that the Cadillac converters were clogged as I kept getting dtc's that were related to the cats. So the next day, today, i simply had the cats removed and replaced the upstream o2 sensors with new ac delco sensors. Still getting the o2 sensor codes. Got the p0443 and p0458 codes, replaced the evap purge solenoid, still getting the codes. Now i know there are codes related to removing the cats, fine, but this is seriously irritating. I also got a code for the oil control solenoid or whatever, wondering what thats all about. Can anyone chime in? I checked the fuses and found the one in slot 100 (under the hood) blown so i replaced it. That helped a bit but i still feel and hear hesitation when i give it light throttle. Here are the codes, any help is greatly appreciated

P0030
P0031
P0050
P0051
P0135
P0155
P0157
P0443
P0458
P06DA
P06DB
P2097
P2099
Well, you probably have either a wiring problem or the ECM needs replacing. Check the wiring to see if anything melted or got eaten by a rodent.

What were the DTCs related to the cats?

Do you have a bi-directional scan tool? If you want to get after this, get one of those and a subscription to your shop manual at AllDataDIY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMP2018