Remanufactured 5.3 source?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gapost

Reaction score
Looking for a remanufactured 5.3 for one of our fleet vehicles. Seeing some negatives things about Jasper. Looked at JEGS and Powertrain Products. Kind of like what I see from Fraser. Need one real soon if possible. Probably going to get it with DOD deleted. Any opinions or suggestions? TIA Edit: Well I just got a quote from Fraser for $7k. That's a little high and I'm sure they are good and a good warranty but more than my budget.

Last edited:

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Looking for a remanufactured 5.3 for one of our fleet vehicles. Seeing some negatives things about Jasper. Looked at JEGS and Powertrain Products. Kind of like what I see from Fraser. Need one real soon if possible. Probably going to get it with DOD deleted. Any opinions or suggestions? TIA
I like dealing with Texas speed personally they can setup the engine however you like

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Yes, I'm familiar witht them. But their engines are great performance upgrades and I just need a stock engine.
They should have stock engines they can sell or built to sell for you with nothing more but the dod delete and ls6 lifters their prices are usually cheaper then jegs or summit but you will have to swap over your stuff off the old motor (ac compressor alternator intake etc)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
engine rebuilders are every where, any half way major city will have them. reading negative reviews online from a "big name" will just get you nowhere.
unless you live in the boonies you can probaly have one delivered within a day or two pretty much anywhere.
go to google type "engine rebuilder near me"
start making phone calls...........
obviously you want a warranty, you don't know unless you ask.....

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm familiar witht them. But their engines are great performance upgrades and I just need a stock engine.

Check this place out. Please keep us updated in your search and results, I am in the same boat.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a crate from Jegs maybe 8 years ago or so. It was a basic swap no fancy high end stuff. Overall I was happy with the whole transaction and what I received.

However, I think freight delivery was the only option they offered. I had to have it delivered to my friends warehouse where a fork lift was available. They would only roll it to the end of the truck, it was on us to get it on the ground.

15burban

Reaction score
I think freight delivery was the only option they offered. I had to have it delivered to my friends warehouse where a fork lift was available. They would only roll it to the end of the truck, it was on us to get it on the ground.
Not a motor but for some rocker panels for a project car I ordered had to be shipped fedex freight. What I did was had them just ship them to a FedEx hub since I don't have a business address or forklift. At the hub they had a forklift and loaded the pallet in the back of my truck. Had I have known this I could have gotten them 2-3 weeks earlier since I was trying to find a business address of someone I know that was local to me. Of course once you get it home you'll have to unload yourself but if a guy is doing a motor swap I would think he would have something, cherry picker etc.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a motor but for some rocker panels for a project car I ordered had to be shipped fedex freight. What I did was had them just ship them to a FedEx hub since I don't have a business address or forklift. At the hub they had a forklift and loaded the pallet in the back of my truck. Had I have known this I could have gotten them 2-3 weeks earlier since I was trying to find a business address of someone I know that was local to me. Of course once you get it home you'll have to unload yourself but if a guy is doing a motor swap I would think he would have something, cherry picker etc.
Interesting to know for the future since I no longer have the friend with the warehouse lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4