Remanufactured 5.3 source?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marty_S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for a remanufactured 5.3 for one of our fleet vehicles. Seeing some negatives things about Jasper. Looked at JEGS and Powertrain Products. Kind of like what I see from Fraser. Need one real soon if possible. Probably going to get it with DOD deleted. Any opinions or suggestions? TIA Edit: Well I just got a quote from Fraser for $7k. That's a little high and I'm sure they are good and a good warranty but more than my budget.
A while back my Chev 4x4 full size truck straight six engine let go. There was a German company we bought 2 brand new 350ci engines for 800usd each. Bolted in easily and for an engine replacement it had all direct attach parts installed and ran beautifully. Unfortunately Dad is no longer around and his filing was a snafu run by fubar. I'll see if I kept a copy of the purchase but didn't find it in folder, "Spot the truck." Named it spot for all the body cancer after it grew up in NJ. Until a cord of firewood shifted under the camper shell and hit an oak tree. It shoved brand new engine through the firewall. Yeah a bit too fast after too many margaritas.

OP
OP
G

gapost

Reaction score
Just to follow up, I'm getting an engine from Jasper. It's somewhat local (1 hour away) and the customer service was awesome. I'm getting an AFM and VVT delete with a 3 year, 100k miles warranty. Since this is a fleet vehicle, I paid about $250 extra for the 3 years vs 18 months for fleet. Haven't got it yet but I'm very happy so far.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to follow up, I'm getting an engine from Jasper. It's somewhat local (1 hour away) and the customer service was awesome. I'm getting an AFM and VVT delete with a 3 year, 100k miles warranty. Since this is a fleet vehicle, I paid about $250 extra for the 3 years vs 18 months for fleet. Haven't got it yet but I'm very happy so far.

The shop is going to install it and tune for the delete? Did you order directly from Jasper or the install shop? Just trying to clarify who's customer service you are referring to. Thanks for the update.

OP
OP
G

gapost

Reaction score
The shop is going to install it and tune for the delete? Did you order directly from Jasper or the install shop? Just trying to clarify who's customer service you are referring to. Thanks for the update.
Our municipal shop is installing. The customer service from Jasper in Jacksonville was excellent.

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should take a core engine to a reputable local engine builder and have it built to your liking.

You want to know where to find the guy if it breaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColonelAngus918

Latest posts