Replacing hub bearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Last week I had the extreme pleasure of replacing a hub bearing on Big Sexy.

Thought it was gonna be an easy job right? I mean I got a 2wd. Just drop the wheel, remove caliper, rotor, and 3 15mm bolts that fasten the hub bearing to the spindle and viola, out she comes right.

Not this mother humper. What shoulda been a 30min job, ended up turning into a 3 hour job.

I got a lil propane torch and I'm heating the spindle up. I'm spraying penetrating oil too. I'm out there hammering away on the old wore out hub bearing, and the ****** just doesnt want to budge.

So I finally said f'it, out come the big guns. When in doubt get a bigger hammer right.

Finally after what must've been over 400 whacks, the hub bearing decided to come out.

Thanks to living in a RUST BELT, the 30 minute job took 3 hours. Man if I have to work on any cars or trucks to make a few buck on the side, I'm gonna quote more time.

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sucks dude :( At least you got it done though. I hate it when Somthing takes longer than expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts