Roof Rack for '09 Tahoe Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Currdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking for a used complete roof rack for my '09 Hybrid. Anyone know of a forum or message board where these may be advertised? I've search online salvage yards with no luck. For shippng purposes, I live in North Central West Virginia.

Thanks

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What search parameters are you using ? I would think '07-13 tahoe/escalade/Yukon roof racks are a dime a dozen. I'm going to assume that you are comfortable with drilling holes, etc in the roof of your truck?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a used complete roof rack for my '09 Hybrid. Anyone know of a forum or message board where these may be advertised? I've search online salvage yards with no luck. For shippng purposes, I live in North Central West Virginia.

Thanks

The roof rack choices for Tahoe or Yukon hybrids are the same as the non hybrids, namely the regular black one or the denali/escalade chrome one with colormatched tips.

As you many know your hybrid has no holes pre-drilled on its roof, so in order to install either rack you will have to have the installer drill new ones. Most GM dealerships won't do it because of the potential consequences getting it wrong will have. The least of which is corrosion, the worse of it is significant water *********** into the headliner, and eventually the interior.

It's been done on hybrids and some PPVs which also come without the holes, but it's risky ... and should any problems manifest, there's no warranty to cover any of it.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Here's an old thread from back when I had a hybrid where a couple of folks got it done: http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f69/gm-rack-tahoe-hybrid-25399/ (username HyHoe is me)

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Currdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found the rack

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your replies. I ordered the hardware for the roof rack installation and found a complete rack. I am having a reputable body shop install it some time soon. I have spoken already with the owner of the shop about the concerns you mentioned. He said they have installed them in the past and was confident his guys would be successful.

Thanks for your concerns and replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roflwaffle

Latest posts