Rubbing/Grinding noise underneath my left foot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erald01

Reaction score
Hey guys i have an 08 Denali and i have started to notice this noise that sounds like rubbing/ grinding under my left foot. It seems more noticeable under lower speed up to 45mph, but if faster cant really feel it. It seems to happen when usually let go off the throttle. I was thinking it could be a couple of things but not sure:
1) sway bar llink
2) prop shaft vibration
I was also reading on line and noticed a recall for the steering column and engine mount insulation. So i am not sure if those have been done yet and i wonder if those are the cause.

any ideas guys would be appreciated.

Thanks

OP
OP
E

erald01

Reaction score
So i took the rig to my buddys shop and had the whole left suspension checked, the only thing we could not check was the strut, he thinks it could be something internal ....anyone has had this issue? It seems to only happen when it gets hot, when i go to work in the morning, the noise its not there.

OP
OP
E

erald01

Reaction score
i cant believe over 300 views and no help :(..come on guys can someone give me some kind of input? I keep reading about some service bulletin 06-08-61-003D where the noise is due to chassis to body mount...is this common amongst the yukon/tahoe/escalade?

TahoeLTZ2007

Reaction score
Check your strut

Push up and down on flat ground or on a drive on lift,to check the strut.
I had similar noise and just replaced my two front struts.
Before this I had replaced the sway bar links but it did not help.

A good suspension shop should be able to isolate the problem for free.

Last edited:

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant believe over 300 views and no help :(..come on guys can someone give me some kind of input? I keep reading about some service bulletin 06-08-61-003D where the noise is due to chassis to body mount...is this common amongst the yukon/tahoe/escalade?

I would be happy to look into this issue further for you. Please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN so I may proceed.

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
E

erald01

Reaction score
Is this 4wd or 2wd?

Have they checked the wheel bearings?

it definitly does not sound like a wheel bearing.

comparing both sides, the driver side strut seems newer, so i assume it was replaced at one point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesj82

Latest posts