Screw in fairly new 24" tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased 24" wheels and tires package a little over a month ago. Today, one tire had a screw in it and I had it repaired for $15. The tires are Sunny SN3870 285 35 24. I know, they're cheap Chinese tires, but they work.

1) Should I buy just one new Sunny tire, about $180, to replace the repaired one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/152113324402?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

2) Buy 4 Sunny tires? ( replace repaired one and keep rest for spares)

3) Go to the shop where I purchased this wheel/tire package and just buy one wheel with tire? (Keep extra wheel/tire for spare)

4) Replace all 4 tires? http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...4GRUHPXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its repaired, roll it until it needs replacement

Someone told me tire repairs are temporary and tire should be replaced as soon as possible. But hey...if the repair job is as good as new, I'll roll with that! :)

I'm still concerned about not having a spare though. :(

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
A proper tire patch will last a life time of the tire. No need to buy new tires

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your feedback! Gives me a little more confidence. Although I'm still concerned about taking long distance road trips. I thought about just buying a 5th wheel and tire, but since these tires are directional, I'd have to hope the blown-out tire has the same direction as the 5th one.

All the joys of custom wheels/tires!

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what type of plug they used. The owner of the shop looked at me like I was "stupid" when immediately after he told me I was good to go, I told him I'll be back as soon as I get a replacement tire in. He basically, gave me the impression that I don't need a replacement. Just like what you guys are telling me.