Seafoam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that an oil change should be done after a seafoam treatment. I was wondering what is the recommended amount of time between seafoam and oil change? I was thinking about doing the seafoam today then getting the oil change later this week but I might drive 300 miles before I can do the oil change.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seafoam before doing the oil change. Drive around for a few minutes. Then do oil change.

Would it be okay if I did the seafoam today then the oil change Wednesday or will I be better off waiting to do it closer together?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Would it be okay if I did the seafoam today then the oil change Wednesday or will I be better off waiting to do it closer together?

Wait till Wednesday morning to do it. Also, you can pour sea foam in the tank w.o changing the oil. If you pour it in the oil case, then you have to change it shortly afterwards.

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait till Wednesday morning to do it. Also, you can pour sea foam in the tank w.o changing the oil. If you pour it in the oil case, then you have to change it shortly afterwards.

Ok thx. I plan to put it in the oil case, gas tank and thru the brake booster hose. The brake booster hose is on the drivers side right? Here's a pic.
6165bfa1-7c8f-ac68.jpg

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look on their website it actually says that you don't have to change your oil. I have never used it before but that is what the manufacturer says.

This is taken straight from their website: "When adding Sea Foam to dirty oil before an oil change, for best results use 1 ½ ounces per quart of oil at least 100 miles before oil is changed."

Last edited:

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So glad this thread was made so basically what hoses do I put this in just what mr.denali said?

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone verify the pic of the hose I posted is the brake booster line? I'm not 100% sure and I don't want to be sucking this stuff in the wrong hose. Thx.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Ok thx. I plan to put it in the oil case, gas tank and thru the brake booster hose. The brake booster hose is on the drivers side right? Here's a pic.
6165bfa1-7c8f-ac68.jpg

Yes, that is the hose
you want.

If you look on their website it actually says that you don't have to change your oil. I have never used it before but that's what the manufacturer says.

This is taken straight from their website: "When adding Sea Foam to dirty oil before an oil change, for best results use 1 ½ ounces per quart of oil at least 100 miles before oil is changed."

That's not what the can says.

Sea Foam will thin out your oil. First put it in three has tank. Then, put it in the oil. Finally, pour it into the vacuum line while the engine is running. Once all the Sea Foam had been poured in go for an ready drive and avoid accelerating hard. About a fifteen minute drive around the neighborhood will do to get the smoke to disappear. Once your truck is done smoking turn it off and begin the oil change.

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is the hose
you want.

That's not what the can says.

Sea Foam will thin out your oil. First put it in three has tank. Then, put it in the oil. Finally, pour it into the vacuum line while the engine is running. Once all the Sea Foam had been poured in go for an ready drive and avoid accelerating hard. About a fifteen minute drive around the neighborhood will do to get the smoke to disappear. Once your truck is done smoking turn it off and begin the oil change.

Thx buddy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON