spark plugs change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curley02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 02 tahoe with the 5,3 v8. I have 46,000 miles with the orginal plugs. How often should I change the plugs? It runs good but I was thinking maybe I could get a little better pick up. What say you guys?

OP
OP
curley02

curley02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
plug change ?

Thanks for the reply. I'm just used of plugs, points, condenser, wires every couple of years. I did buy the 02 tahoe new and its in very good condition I just want to keep it running a few more years. I'm 70 years young. curley

djtoothowd

Reaction score
70 years young and using a computer? doin alot better than the 70 year young men i know. lol. but manual recommends at 100k if i remember correctly. i bought my 03 Tahoe with 149k on it and changed my plugs shortly after and they still looked good.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just changed the plugs and wires on my 05 at 48k and the plugs looked very good. There was no difference in the way it runs or any added power.

But i just can`t leave plugs in there for that long, It`s a cheap and easy job to do and it gives me peace of mind.

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what plugs are recommend for the 6.0 motor??

Blkout02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i brought plugs at 90k but i have coil packs on top of the plugs, would it be ok to just change the plugs and not the coils?

OP
OP
curley02

curley02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I retired 15 years ago and don't have to commute everyday, thats why the mileage is low. I always had 2 jobs my entire working life and saved for that day when I could afford to retire, then I hurt my back and had to take an early retirement. There are just so many fish that need to be caught and so many miles that need to be driven on a harley. But I miss the flying in the USAFres and fire fighting in NOFD. Back to the subject of changing plugs. I'm worried that if I leave the orginal plugs in much longer they will be very hard to get out when I do try to change them. Did you guys who changed your plugs have any trouble??? And it did take me a long time to figure out these wonderful machines from hell.... curley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChuckWoodChuck