Squeak/ rubbing from the tire area.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went hunting the other day and had a bit of a problem with something on my rear tire brake area. Almost a rubbing metal on metal sound. Any ideas? I washed it all off good, took the wheel off and I can't see anything.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a rock or something between the brake pads and rotor? I've had that problem on another truck in the past, took the tire off and didn't see anything until I actually took the caliper off and then the little rock fell out!

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked everything pretty good. I am going to try and pull the tire off today again and see what I can do. It gets worse when I back up for some reason.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have to check that out. What exactly am I looking for?

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue on my suburban. Drove me nuts. The spare tire under the truck had low air pressure and was squeaking against the frame. Now properly inflated, no more squeak. Same thing happened on my 92 4runner. Felt dumb since I'm pretty good at keeping my spares in check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metal2forall