Stunned!! Denali 6.2 spun a rod bearing at 25k..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

ALT1345

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't say why are you posting on this forum just that you have better luck with other products. I don't care where you post just the way you perceive the GM product when you had such good luck with other brands.
You purchase a used vehicle that you admitted to not being maintained by previous owner and GM repairs vehicle just don't see where you have grippe with GM.

Because there is no reason in hell a GM 6.2 should be throwing a rod at 25k miles no matter what, it’s absurd.

I thought GM V8s were as stout as kryptonite. I’ve had GM products with excellent engines in the past, my whole entire life. That 5.3 is still ticking fine in the 800 I donated.

I did mention that that CAFE has ruined cars, we all know that. They’re after trucks too; I would bet this engine failure has something to do with some BS fuel economy trick. And it’s pointless, the 6.2 with AFM and all that crap gets no better gas mileage (maybe worse) than the notoriously thirsty Toyota 5.7 in my LX570.

Dear EPA/CAFE: Big trucks suck gas no matter how they’re powered. You won’t get much more than 12 mpg out of an Ecoboost either.

Last edited:

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No system can ever fail anything it was never meant to protect.
If CAFE were ACTUALLY serious about better MpGs, vehicles would be getting lighter, not heavier.

That said, CAFE MpG standards are going after trucks because most cars are becoming more and more trucklike.
There are less and less sedans / coupes every year, and more and more trucks / suvs / 'wagonoids'.

15burban

Reaction score
If CAFE were ACTUALLY serious about better MpGs, vehicles would be getting lighter, not heavier.
But gm has the new 5 ton electric brick (hummer) now that only the wealthy can afford. I thought gm wasn't smart about cutting the saturn and pontiac line while keeping the hummer for another year or two, but this new ev hummer tops it. Good thing its supposed to save the planet. It possibly can't take much energy to move something that big. They've all fell off their rockers.

I know they're not cafe regulated, but the heavy duty lineups aren't getting any smaller. No wonder why they're coming out with all these fancy tailgate with built in ladders. It's the only way you can get in the bed on the damn things.

OP
OP
A

ALT1345

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No system can ever fail anything it was never meant to protect.

No, they (CAFE, the government) are just that stupid.

Ever notice that EVs get a magical pass on their absurd curb weights???

And yes, they are at work and have ruined cars and are in the process of ruining trucks. Thank God GM is coming out with a new small block, so we know they're not going anywhere. Anyway, sit and count how many V8s are left to buy brand new, no hybrid assist. Plain ICE V8. You'll be done counting quick. I don't even want a Mercedes anymore because it has these stupid 48v systems (that are failing like crazy) that are just there to make start/stop less god awful.

I know this engine failure had something to do with some crap fuel economy measure, or I'd bet money on it.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this engine failure had something to do with some crap fuel economy measure, or I'd bet money on it.
V8s with Cylinder Confusion have twice as many two-mode lifters as V8s with Engine Half@$$.
That roughly doubles the odds of a valvetrain failure.

But these 6.2L failures are bottom-end failures ...

OP
OP
A

ALT1345

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
V8s with Cylinder Confusion have twice as many two-mode lifters as V8s with Engine Half@$$.
That roughly doubles the odds of a valvetrain failure.

But these 6.2L failures are bottom-end failures ...

Yes, good point.

I'm gonna call today, I'd really like my paid-for $82,000 truck back.

OP
OP
A

ALT1345

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Truck will be ready tomorrow! I miss the damn thing. I will carefully adhere to the break in procedure maybe a couple hundred miles over even, then it's pedal to the metal. I hate that I got a bad one but that 6.2 is an absolute BEAST. My LX570 isn't slow, it will snap your head back, is aggressively geared and runs 0-60 in about 6.5 seconds... but it's a dog compared to the GMC.

I'll never forget driving the Denali for the first time, I pulled out of the dealership and was STUNNED at the second gear pull, and just overall acceleration. I miss long, drawn out gears but that 10 speed keeps it in the meat of the power band the whole time.

My R129 has a 5 speed auto and the gears are long and drawn out, it's lots of fun.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck will be ready tomorrow! I miss the damn thing. I will carefully adhere to the break in procedure maybe a couple hundred miles over even, then it's pedal to the metal. I hate that I got a bad one but that 6.2 is an absolute BEAST. My LX570 isn't slow, it will snap your head back, is aggressively geared and runs 0-60 in about 6.5 seconds... but it's a dog compared to the GMC.

I'll never forget driving the Denali for the first time, I pulled out of the dealership and was STUNNED at the second gear pull, and just overall acceleration. I miss long, drawn out gears but that 10 speed keeps it in the meat of the power band the whole time.

My R129 has a 5 speed auto and the gears are long and drawn out, it's lots of fun.
And may you enjoy many years and at least 250K trouble free miles behind the wheel.

OP
OP
A

ALT1345

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And may you enjoy many years and at least 250K trouble free miles behind the wheel.

Thank you! I'll let you know what they do with the warranty. The service department said this would take weeks or months, but my guy got it done. Lol the showroom is named after this salesman and 75% of the sales of that dealer he closes, and it's always been that way. Being a 55 year customer has paid off. There were some strings pulled or extra money spent that we won't have to pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510