Tail Pipe resting on frame. FIXED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moosemoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ongoing saga of my 2001 YukonXL SLT 4wd.
Took it in to verify the transmission was rebuilt and operating correctly as I have a weird clunking noise. Tranny checked out fine but was told the driveshaft was resting on the frame and the muffler shroud was not attached. The tranny shop "does not do that kind of work".

My questions are - is this really bad? How hard is it to fix? Can I do it?

Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ongoing saga of my 2001 YukonXL SLT 4wd.
Took it in to verify the transmission was rebuilt and operating correctly as I have a weird clunking noise. Tranny checked out fine but was told the driveshaft was resting on the frame and the muffler shroud was not attached. The tranny shop "does not do that kind of work".

My questions are - is this really bad? How hard is it to fix? Can I do it?

Thanks
pictures may be helpful, not really quite sure how a driveline can be resting on the frame and still be moving the vehicle

OP
OP
Moosemoon

Moosemoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pictures may be helpful, not really quite sure how a driveline can be resting on the frame and still be moving the vehicles
I thought that's what they said but it might be the exhaust pipe? I will check the receipt and make sure.

OP
OP
Moosemoon

Moosemoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok "the tailpipe is resting on the cross member and the muffler shield is loose".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick