This is now available at a local station

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
There are quite a few stations in South Florida that sell that fuel, which they refer to as Rec-90. I see people with trailered boats filling up at the local stations that carry it all the time. I think the land based stations charge less than the fuel docks on the water so it pays for trailered boats. People also use Rec-90 for ATVs, generators, pressure washers and other equipment, where they don't want ethanol in the fuel. Only downside is the price, which is generally $.30 - $.50 more / gallon and why I don't use it in my SUVs.
Sunoco_Ethanol-Free.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think it's all that anymore. Our cars are designed to run on it. Congress passed laws removing the old knock retardant and replaced it with Ethanol.

I monitor the ethanol content in our vehicles. Quite often, fuel advertised at E10 has no ethanol in it according to my fresh oxygen sensors. Either way, 90 octane is no bueno in our high performance engines, not even my mower, generator and chainsaws get fed that anymore, they all thrive on 93 too.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think it's all that anymore. Our cars are designed to run on it. Congress passed laws removing the old knock retardant and replaced it with Ethanol.

I monitor the ethanol content in our vehicles. Quite often, fuel advertised at E10 has no ethanol in it according to my fresh oxygen sensors. Either way, 90 octane is no bueno in our high performance engines, not even my mower, generator and chainsaws get fed that anymore, they all thrive on 93 too.
Way back, my old motorcycles' manual stated "Use 94 octane regular".

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the only thing I run in my Envoy. Its parked a lot, and I dont need the Ethanol gumming/crystalizing up the fuel system.

I also run it once a month in my Saturn, to keep the E10/15 crystals cleaned out.. My wife only puts about 200 miles a month on it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ethanol in gasoline tends to break down the overall mixture and cause a gumminess fallout, if stored for any length of time without a stabilizer added. This can cause carburetor issues in small engines, and that is why many small engine manufacturers 'recommend' using ethanol free gasoline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474