Those Who Moved From an '07-14 to '15+ generation... How Was It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went from an 06 Z71 Tahoe to a 17 Tahoe Premier. The 06 was bullet proof, no issues just wear items. It had the best a/c in a vehicle that I ever owned.
The 17 has been pretty good. We took 3 trips to Florida (I’m here now). We also drove to Arizona this past January.
I do change the oil more frequently, I also have changed the transmission fluid when I bought it by years ago and after the Arizona trip.
My only issue is GM stopped supporting the nav update. I can always use my apple phone but why would GM offer factory navigation and then stop supporting map updates.

Attachments

• IMG_0115.jpeg
    IMG_0115.jpeg
    581.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0126.jpeg
    IMG_0126.jpeg
    619 KB · Views: 3

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went from an 06 Z71 Tahoe to a 17 Tahoe Premier. The 06 was bullet proof, no issues just wear items. It had the best a/c in a vehicle that I ever owned.
The 17 has been pretty good. We took 3 trips to Florida (I’m here now). We also drove to Arizona this past January.
I do change the oil more frequently, I also have changed the transmission fluid when I bought it by years ago and after the Arizona trip.
My only issue is GM stopped supporting the nav update. I can always use my apple phone but why would GM offer factory navigation and then stop supporting map updates.
There was a nav update released last year.

tuckerrnr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The update USB has been sold out for some time. I know I can use Android Auto but I like things in my vehicle to work properly. I would love to have the update.

Brian71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There was a nav update released last year.
Not anymore. I contacted GM last year and was put on a waiting list. I just checked this past week and the message was
‘There are no longer map updates available for purchase for your navigation system via this website or at GM dealerships
Thank you”
That’s on the GM Navigation store

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not anymore. I contacted GM last year and was put on a waiting list. I just checked this past week and the message was
‘There are no longer map updates available for purchase for your navigation system via this website or at GM dealerships
Thank you”
That’s on the GM Navigation store
@tuckerrnr1 thats bloody inconvenient. If it makes y’all feel better, I end up using my phone or tablet more often. It’s more accurate.

For long trips I use the dash nav for the end points and wild ass incorrect arrival time. For routing through or around intermediate points, the phone is much much better.

Brian71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@tuckerrnr1 thats bloody inconvenient. If it makes y’all feel better, I end up using my phone or tablet more often. It’s more accurate.

For long trips I use the dash nav for the end points and wild ass incorrect arrival time. For routing through or around intermediate points, the phone is much much better.
I agree
I do the same
Where I live there are new roads and a new highway so when I’m using the gps it shows that I’m driving through farmers fields. :Big Laugh:
To bad GM won’t support it after 5 years

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree
I do the same
Where I live there are new roads and a new highway so when I’m using the gps it shows that I’m driving through farmers fields. :Big Laugh:
To bad GM won’t support it after 5 years
Heh!

The funny part is going through a small town. Highway goes straight through, no turns or junctions, BUT the nav has you turning and going all over town. It's as if the chamber of commerce sent them a contribution to get you to every business in town.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOC1583