Transfer case delete 4wd 05 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CTUBS8732

CTUBS8732

Reaction score
By the sound of all the replies, imma just have to take it to. Trans shop and have them diagnose. Sucks ass that I have to do that but I'm left with no other choice. I was hoping for a quick delete, but that's not in the picture. I will update my post as I find out what's going on.

Thank you all for the responses trying to help me out.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the sound of all the replies, imma just have to take it to. Trans shop and have them diagnose. Sucks ass that I have to do that but I'm left with no other choice. I was hoping for a quick delete, but that's not in the picture. I will update my post as I find out what's going on.

Thank you all for the responses trying to help me out.
Sorry bro. Let ius know how it goes,

houstontaylor

Reaction score
Drive shaft slip yoke wear (and transfer case output shaft ) can damage the transfer case seal prematurely. Since I had replaced the transfer case about a year earlier I replaced the driveshaft (with slip yoke) and so far the transfer case seal leaks have stopped.

OP
OP
CTUBS8732

CTUBS8732

Reaction score
Turned out the transfer case adapter was cracked. So I had that refixed today. As for the humming I will post if I still have it or if it has lessened. I'm hoping I don't have to rebuild it cause cash is not plentiful in my current situation.
But apparently from some youtube surfing it appears rebuilding it ain't all that hard. The only part about rebuilding it is the plates you have to stack. Idk too much about that part of the process. But bearings and aligning ain't a problem.

Any insight on doing that part would be cool. I know I'm going to have to do it in the near future cause that fluid that came out this 2nd time was super flaky. Looked like I was getting ready to paint a lowrider lol.

easymoney

Reaction score
I just replaced my transfer case input shaft seal and output shaft seal, and I'm still leaking fluid.

I just want to delete the transfer case completely. How would I go about doing that? Would I just need a transmission extension housing?

I'm confused and pissed at the same time. I have a leak and a bad vibration around 45-55mph.

I don't want to be just throwing money at it cause money is not plentiful in my current situation.

Thanks in advance
Make sure it's not the case issue. My 2004 had the case issue where the internal oil pump wears a hole through the case and the oil slowly drips out. This is a known failure in these years. There is no seal leaking the case has a hole in it.and the oil drruels out of it.

I pulled my transfer case out and swapped all the gears and clutches to the new case. But I would just put some JB weld or something over the leak oil if I hadtodoit again. New process 246 transfer case should never have done this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlazinMilk