Truck won't start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started up the truck today to take a drive and start detailing and the thing shut off about 15-20 seconds after starting and won't start back up. I'm turning over but it won't start. I hear the pump whining but seems weaker than normal, or it could be that I'm paying attention to it. Any suggestions? Haven't had a problem with her since last year and I replaced the battery.

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never got it out of the garage. As soon as I started it, it shut off in like 15-20 seconds and hasn't started since. I put in some extra gas thinking the gauge might of whacked out and I was empty, because the way it died it seem like a fuel cut off.

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to go back to basics..compression-fuel-spark

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after reading the fuel pressure replies and speaking with 2 friends, my dude tells me it might be a clogged fuel filter and few members posted about pressure readings. I call me dude to let me borrow his pressure gauge and I get 2 miles from his house and my beater throws the timing belt! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!:party33:

A tow and 200 bucks later I'm home. It'll prolly be Wednesday before I get a chance to do any readings. I'm still gonna celebrate today tho!

Last edited: