upgrades to the OEM tahoe/suburban headlights to increase output

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is another problem. If you install modules, then most likely the awesome design of Yukon headlights and rectangular sectors will disappear. Plus it is not clear how the cooling will cope. In general, in order to understand what is inside, you need to disassemble Faro. And if we have a lot of Tahoe, then Yukon is a rarity. And it will be quite expensive to bring a broken headlight for disassembly from the USA)))

Yes the rectangular sectors or lens(s) would disappear, but they would now be replaced by the modules. Which is fine by me given the additional light output and performance you gain. The challenge would be how do you install the MTF modules in place of the OEM rectangular lens and still make the install look clean and OEM+ when the headlights are not powered on.

The challenge I see is there doesn't appear to be projector/module "shrouds" offered to be used in conjunction with the MTF Constructor LED modules. Like there are for typical 2.5", 2.8", & 3.0" Bi-LED projector retrofits to create a cleaner install.

Without taking measurements the OEM rectangular lens seems wider than the MTF Constructor 1.8" LED module.

As you mentioned it's hard to tell what's doable without disassembling an OEM headlight, but the OEM LED rectangular lens(s) might just snap into place either individually or as a single piece inside the headlight. If the OEM rectangular lens could each be cut/trimmed with openings for the MTF Constructor 1.8" LED modules to be put in place, then painted gloss black to match the rest of the OEM headlight housing I believe that may be a way to use the OEM rectangular lens as a "shroud" to the MTF LED modules creating an OEM+ look.

Here's a quick and dirty image paint on what I'm trying to refer to:

FflgBkR.jpg
OcHnVTC.jpg

OP
OP
Vladimir2306

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the rectangular sectors or lens(s) would disappear, but they would now be replaced by the modules. Which is fine by me given the additional light output and performance you gain. The challenge would be how do you install the MTF modules in place of the OEM rectangular lens and still make the install look clean and OEM+ when the headlights are not powered on.

The challenge I see is there doesn't appear to be projector/module "shrouds" offered to be used in conjunction with the MTF Constructor LED modules. Like there are for typical 2.5", 2.8", & 3.0" Bi-LED projector retrofits to create a cleaner install.

Without taking measurements the OEM rectangular lens seems wider than the MTF Constructor 1.8" LED module.

As you mentioned it's hard to tell what's doable without disassembling an OEM headlight, but the OEM LED rectangular lens(s) might just snap into place either individually or as a single piece inside the headlight. If the OEM rectangular lens could each be cut/trimmed with openings for the MTF Constructor 1.8" LED modules to be put in place, then painted gloss black to match the rest of the OEM headlight housing I believe that may be a way to use the OEM rectangular lens as a "shroud" to the MTF LED modules creating an OEM+ look.

Here's a quick and dirty image paint on what I'm trying to refer to:

View attachment 406550
View attachment 406551
For some reason, I have a feeling that the Yukon has a rectangular lens. It's just a decorative cover. but I could be wrong)

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, in one of the topics I posted information on the experience of improving the head light of the Chevrolet Tahoe 21+. I was asked to elaborate on this by creating a separate topic about it. I repeat right away, this car is not mine, I have a Yukon. In general, let's go.
Initially, the light in Tahoe and Yukon is very different. It's worse on the Tahoe. A buddy of mine decided to get some light work done on his '21 Tahoe. He gave the car to the lighting studio, they checked the level of light. Dipped beam gave out 25Lux. And this is how he shone in near and far mode on the wall
I tried using brighter lights. I removed them. 1/3 of the cars coming towards me were flashing their bright lights at me. I didn't want to risk an unnecessary police stop. I'm fine with the factory lights.

OP
OP
Vladimir2306

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried using brighter lights. I removed them. 1/3 of the cars coming towards me were flashing their bright lights at me. I didn't want to risk an unnecessary police stop. I'm fine with the factory lights.
I guess, you mean brighter lamps in your beam?))

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ZKWBQD, thank you for sharing that, I don’t think some who upgrade their lights think about the possibility of blinding on-coming traffic.

OP
OP
Vladimir2306

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. This project haunts me. Therefore, I still ordered a used headlight from Ebay. We will cut it down and see how we can improve the light of the Yukon. We have different workshops, there are those who use ready-made modules, similar to the type a friend used in Tahoe. And there is a studio that develops modules itself and manufactures them in China. The first abandoned the Yukon. And the latter are waiting for the headlight, rubbing their hands)

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. This project haunts me. Therefore, I still ordered a used headlight from Ebay. We will cut it down and see how we can improve the light of the Yukon. We have different workshops, there are those who use ready-made modules, similar to the type a friend used in Tahoe. And there is a studio that develops modules itself and manufactures them in China. The first abandoned the Yukon. And the latter are waiting for the headlight, rubbing their hands)
Nice! Very eager to see where this goes!

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the studio, the headlights were dismantled and regular diodes were taken out. They looked, frankly, poor. Some cheap Chinese diodes.
I hate to break it to you but Valeo isn't a cheap company, let alone Chinese...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lady112210

Latest posts