VSE Fuel Saver System for 3.0L Duramax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old_Man_Speed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello team, I utilized the search function and was surprised nothing came up for this.

VSE has a dual fuel filtration system for 3.0L Duramax. Has anyone installed this? What are thoughts on putting this in? Has two filters, one pre (removes water) at 20 microns and the 2nd at 4 microns. VSE says it doesn't alter workload on the pump.

VSE Fuel Saver System LM2

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts:

- VSE rags on the OEM filter a bit because it's also used on the 1.8L Cruze Diesel. What they fail to mention is that it's also used on the L5P (current 6.6L Duramax 470HP and 975FT-LB). If it's good enough to keep up with an L5P, it's good enough to keep up with an LM2.

- From everything I've read, the OEM filter is rated at 5 micron. You gain 1 micron of filtration with this system...

- The OEM filter is pretty darn easy to change - the torx head plug on the bottom will drain water if that's ever in your system.

- There's certainly more frivolous ways to spend $500, but at the end of the day it's still $500. I don't see enough of a tangible benefit to this system versus regular maintenance of the OEM filter.

OP
OP
Old_Man_Speed

Old_Man_Speed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts:

- VSE rags on the OEM filter a bit because it's also used on the 1.8L Cruze Diesel. What they fail to mention is that it's also used on the L5P (current 6.6L Duramax 470HP and 975FT-LB). If it's good enough to keep up with an L5P, it's good enough to keep up with an LM2.

- From everything I've read, the OEM filter is rated at 5 micron. You gain 1 micron of filtration with this system...

- The OEM filter is pretty darn easy to change - the torx head plug on the bottom will drain water if that's ever in your system.

- There's certainly more frivolous ways to spend $500, but at the end of the day it's still $500. I don't see enough of a tangible benefit to this system versus regular maintenance of the OEM filter.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

PsyZek

Reaction score
I put one on, probably shouldn't have because it didn't fit and they had to send me a modified version and I had to drill a hole in the frame rail for that one to fit.

So I had to do the install twice and I wasn't happy about it. And the second time I had to move a bracket for it to clear some fuel lines. If you do order one be sure they know it's going on a Tahoe/Yukon and not a truck, because there is a difference. For the money it should have been a less frustrating install.

Ssober

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure what part of the world you are in and I didn't look at this one close but if it sits on the rail we had issues with our air dog when it get very cold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite

Latest posts