What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobsburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Dobinsons rear springs and new Air Lift 1000 bags from Baseline Overland (https://baselineoverland.com/produc...2007-on-with-660-880-lb-constant-load-c09-037) yesterday and today. Much beefier than the Moog 81069s they replaced; will hook up tomorrow for a trip through the Adirondacks so we shall see how they handle my 17' Winnebago which now has a hitch weight of 600 lbs thanks to 30 lb propane tanks, a 20 lb propane tank on the shelf next to 10 gallons of gas in two jerry cans, 3 Victron 60 Ah AGM batteries (moved into the cargo hold of the trailer but still up front), and the usual load of crap in said cargo hold.

It definitely sits an inch or more higher than even the Moogs (up to 15" between the fender radius and the lip of my wheels now). Much thicker wire coils wound more closely together. There's no give in these things. It also dances across railroad tracks now when nothing is in the back. My hope is that we don't have to use the bags while towing but I put them in there in case we do. Had to move the front spring perches up one notch to keep from looking like a moonshiner. Will try to get pix tomorrow if it's not pouring like predicted.

Reviews after the trip...

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the sideways v6 was no slouch, i used to drive the piss out of those things. I think the factory cut-off was 110 but they had a bit more to go
the only thing holding that design back was the transmission, they couldn't find a way to transfer more power without damage
the cheapy 4-bangers not so much but they would get you a to b

seems like I remember the v6 was the 3.1? actually wasn't bad for it's time. the iron duke was legendary for its lack of hp. I had one in a 86 Cavalier someone gave to me and we used as a beater car for a while. couldn't hurt it.. but man it was slow haha. it drove itself to the junk yard years later much worse for wear.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seems like I remember the v6 was the 3.1? actually wasn't bad for it's time. the iron duke was legendary for its lack of hp. I had one in a 86 Cavalier someone gave to me and we used as a beater car for a while. couldn't hurt it.. but man it was slow haha. it drove itself to the junk yard years later much worse for wear.
I'm probably thinking of the later years when they came out with the Buick LeSabre, park avenue, etc with the hood that opened forward, big comfy front bench seat, huge trunk

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I threw these drop springs in tonight and this fell out near the bumper?

IMG_6824.jpegIMG_6825.jpegIMG_6826.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travisryan78