What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found it exactly there. The dangling plug seems to come from the fans, which actually do run. I wonder if it was left over from the recall/upgrade and just dropped loose.

I just read that the wiring to the RVC sensor comes from the BCM. Maybe plug it back together and see if the code goes away? BTW, the code I think is specifically some sort of problem detected in the seat driver occupied switch, not sure how that might relate to the RVC sensor. Other than maybe a bad BCM or a problem in the wiring harness?

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read that the wiring to the RVC sensor comes from the BCM. Maybe plug it back together and see if the code goes away? BTW, the code I think is specifically some sort of problem detected in the seat driver occupied switch, not sure how that might relate to the RVC sensor. Other than maybe a bad BCM or a problem in the wiring harness?
The RVC sensor is still plugged in okay. I was reading the Remy document and saw the parameters controlling charging, including underhood temp. The temp got pretty warm roaming Big Bend this weekend. I did not check the code again after I got home.

I also need to put the whole Tech2 spaghetti together and mess with it. Might be the first this I go look for. After programming my new key fob.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RVC sensor is still plugged in okay. I was reading the Remy document and saw the parameters controlling charging, including underhood temp. The temp got pretty warm roaming Big Bend this weekend. I did not check the code again after I got home.

I also need to put the whole Tech2 spaghetti together and mess with it. Might be the first this I go look for. After programming my new key fob.

On the Tech 2, if you have a clone like mine, my issues all were related to cheap knock offs of the connectors from the unit to the CANdi and down to the ODBII port. I also read in the User manual that you should use the power port on the cable, versus the power port on the unit bottom next to the RS232 connector, for any power while the unit is plugged into the truck. Of course, the unit will get power from the ODB as well, if the battery is up to *****. But for some reason, unless you are running the unit not plugged into the truck, you shouldn't use the DC in on th bottom of the hand held unit (I can only guess it is ground related).

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the Tech 2, if you have a clone like mine, my issues all were related to cheap knock offs of the connectors from the unit to the CANdi and down to the ODBII port. I also read in the User manual that you should use the power port on the cable, versus the power port on the unit bottom next to the RS232 connector, for any power while the unit is plugged into the truck. Of course, the unit will get power from the ODB as well, if the battery is up to *****. But for some reason, unless you are running the unit not plugged into the truck, you shouldn't use the DC in on th bottom of the hand held unit (I can only guess it is ground related).
I’m trying to identify all the “stuff”. I’m guessing this thing is the candi unit?

FD82EEE5-D9F2-469E-B428-83D7145792AA.jpeg 8B988B14-ACC3-4504-A048-63895C631B1C.jpeg

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The left front blinker was hyperflashing, so I put a new bulb in... it's still hyperflashing. Tried another, the same thing. Ideas??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayden0529